Drive shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive shaft

I was thinking about getting a new aluminum drive shaft for my car but I was wondering is this worth the money what kinda gains will I get out of it.
    look on one of the v8 boys face when he finds out he just lost to a v6 \"ha ha priceless\"<br />2000 camaro Mods: Slp cai,kn filter,whisperlid,talor spiro wires,ngk plugs, rk sport headers, 3\" Borla cat back exhaust,3.73\'s with lsd,pro 5.0 shifter,2002 Corvette wheels, lowered and 1\"1/4,painted calipers black with chrome camaro decals, hypertech programmer

Your car is a 2000, You already have a 1 piece driveshaft. If you had a 2 piece like I do I would say go for it. But I dont know how much gain you would get from a aluminum when you already have the stock 1 piece.

Comment

from what i've been told, it'll relieve some stress on the engine since the aluminum is lighter so therefore it's easier to turn. also, for every 1 lb of rotational mass you lose, it's like taking 10 lbs off the car. this is just what i remember being told, I could be wrong - however it does make total sense to me.
      2000 A4 BMS Firebird<br />MTI Clear Lid & Green Filter, BMR Boxed SFCs<br />SLP Ram-Air HO Hood, Corsa w/the bling bling tips, KVR Pads<br />Red Painted Calipers, BMR PHR<br />BMR LCA\'S, Hooker Longtubes and coated Y<br />Taylor Thundervolt Wires & NGK PLUGS<br />15\" Weld Prostars & Skinnies ;)<br />SLP Fan Switch/160 Thermo<br />Yank 3600 Extreme Converter<br />SPI1 Cam and 918s, 772s, and comp hardened pushrods, Shaner\'s S2 TB

Comment

It's like getting lighter wheels. You should be able to find one for $100 from a person and then it's a good mod.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by OrangeAndScreamin:
          u talkin about findin a aluminum one for 100?<hr></blockquote>

Yes

Comment

Used or SpeedAutomotive.com
            2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by OrangeAndScreamin:
              where!?!? everywhere i have seen them for 350<hr></blockquote>

If you guys put some effort into looking at "for sale" sections on V8 boards, you would have one for $100. When I got mine for $100, there must have been 4 more sold for the same price that month alone.

Comment

the main ideas behind getting an aluminum ds is that you put more power to the ground, you rev quicker into your powerband, and it drops weight off your car. basically the same ideas you use to justify getting an aluminum flywheel. you'll see slightly better hp/tq to the wheels, but mainly you'll notice how easily the car revs. you'll get a little better geas mileage as well out of it.
                2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X