LSD Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSD Install

Allright, I'm getting real sick of these one wheel peel outs. I basically shredded my right rear tire yesterday. How hard is it to install an LSD? Like the SLP one. Is this something I can do myself or should I have a shop do it?
    1994 Camaro A4<br />Mods: Custom Intake

You can do it yourself if you're pretty mechanically inclined. I know the dealership charges between $150-200 for the work. I got mine installed under warranty, so it didn't cost a dime (other than buying the Zexel-Torsen LSD itself).
    2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

how much do you know about working on cars? ive installed one before and it was pretty easy just a little messy. i wouldnt pay for anyone to do it because it was easy, but if you knwo nothing about working on cars then it could be hard

Comment

I know how to work on cars, just never done an LSD install before. What's your guys opinion on the SLP LSD? Is it good, or is there a better one on the market?

Comment

The unit that SLP sells is a Zexel-Torsen LSD. Many will argue that it's a very good unit, although there are some people who seem to have problems with them. I've had mine on for a few thousand miles & haven't had any problems with it.
          2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

fin, how did you get it installed under warranty and how much does the LSD unit cost? what gears do you have with it. i have 3.23 in my 2002. how much would 3.42 with the LSD cost me?
            ITS ALL STOCK - TRUST ME

Comment

The SLP LSD is a torsen T-1. If you have all the proper tools like torque wrenches and dial indicators, go ahead and try it. If you do it right you can save some money, but if you don't have the right tools, talent and patience, you will be kicking yourself for miles. This is on of those few jobs that is money well spent if you let a shop do it for you.
              180 Thermo, K&N Filter, Transgo stage 2, Pacesetters, Magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Catback, 3.42 LSD, Hotchkis LCA/Panhard, Bilstein, Eibach Pro, 1LE bars, SP crossdrilled/slotted rotors.<br /><br />Vortech Project 1.0 failed.<br />Vortech Project 2.0 in the works

Comment

I see, so how much would this cost to have a shop install it? I don't really feel like going through a dealer because all the ones around here are crooks.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BadassSleeper:
                  fin, how did you get it installed under warranty and how much does the LSD unit cost? what gears do you have with it. i have 3.23 in my 2002. how much would 3.42 with the LSD cost me?<hr></blockquote>

My stock open rear was 'noisy' ;) I paid like $96 shipped for mine. I also have 3.23's.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X