What should i expect with this combo? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should i expect with this combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should i expect with this combo?

I have to drop my tranny to replace the pump seal so i figured i would go ahead and mod it out a little. Im installing a B&M shift kit (stage 2) and a corvette servo along with a tranny cooler. Should i expect my shifts to be neck snapping or just a big improvement over factory? Also do you think this might knock of some time in the 1/4? Also...still have stock converter...that will come later. Thanks!

Brandon
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/y87inside\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/y87inside</a>

She'll be barking the 1-2 with the stage 2 and servo, it'll be mightly fast.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

no, won't help your 1/4 mile at all.
      2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

I started with the B&M shift kit stage 2 and loved it!!!!!
        Corvette servo is a good mod.
        Tranny cooler is a good thing to do also.
        Looks like you have done a bit of research.
        The only thing I might add is a tranny temp guage and b&m trick shift tranny
        Best of luck
        As for quicker et, probably not.
        But chirping gears is always nice!!!!
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

In all 1998+ 4L60E transmissions the trick shift usually causes problems. Its fine in the older 4L60s though [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

like i said, not worth the money, won't help you out. it's been highly debated that in the long run your tranny will suffer due to the increased pressure on the fluid within.
            2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Verify your tranny version. If it has a 10 vane pump, you should consider the 13 vane pump kit. Also, change that torque converter while you have the transmission out. If you can't afford a high dollar stall converter, the torque converter for the 1995 S-10 4.1L is an inexpensive option for the 4L60E. It stalls about 600 rpm higher than the stock V6 converter. It costs about $120 at jobber shops.
              You can achieve anything for which you are prepared to pay the price.<br /> --ATTILA THE HUN

Comment

a friend of mine has the shift kit stage 3 and i LOVE it. neck snapping rules
                6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X