Automatic Shifting Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Shifting Problem

Ok, I recently bought a 1985 IROC Z28. It has a 305 High Output engine with about 100,000 miles, automatic, shift kit, flowmaster, and a few minor things. Well the shift kit makes it shift harder and faster, well now when I hit the gas in first then goes to shift in second, I feel a hard BANG. Now I know that the shift kit hits hard, but this is something else. Its almost everytime, sometimes it takes it out of gear and it revs because I'm hitting the gas, but when I let off the gas, it goes into gear fine and nothing else happens. Some people told me it could be a broken transmission mount. The transmission had an overhaul last year and had other things replaced. I know because I got it from a friend, so I'm not sure what it is. What do you guys think?
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

dunno if this helps... i had a 93 lx stang... i had second gear go out.. didnt know second was out.. if i had gas pedal down... after it would switch from 1st it would jsut rev liek in neutral so i let off then it would go straight to 3rd.... sound like wut might be happening?

Comment

No, it still goes into 2nd.
      2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

Drop your fluid pan and check for excessive debris (metal or band material) in the pan and screen. Sounds like slippage caused by worn/weakened components. Could be a weak 1-2 servo spring. If you find a bunch of mucky band material in the pan, you should consider some bench time for your tranny soon. If you discover excessive metal particles in the pan ... your days are numbered.
        You can achieve anything for which you are prepared to pay the price.<br /> --ATTILA THE HUN

Comment

I talked to my friend who has an 88 IROC-Z and he said you should check the tranny fluid and the tranny mount. Also he said that whatever appicolo said is right. Hope this helps.

Comment

The transmission had an overhaul last year so the tranny is practically new. I was driving it again tonight to test it. I nearly floored it and it went into 2nd perfectly, the tires spin but thats normal because it has a shift kit and of course has the V8 [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] and didn't do that bang. Its weird, its only certain times, not sure why, probably the mount, will check that tomorrow.

Comment

i'll check the TC too, mine was doing something like that from 1st to 2nd sometimes and it was because the TC was going bad. but i have 99 a V6 though
              2003 Mustang Mach 1 5 Speed<br />288 rwhp SAE 315 rwtq SAE<br />BFG DR\'s, SLP Loudmouth Catback, K&N CAI<br />60\': 2.145<br />13.41@105.67MPH (Stock)<br />--- Best et ----<br />60: 1.932<br />1/4:12.851@106.39MPH <br />best mph: 107.65

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X