Getting 3.42s and lsd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting 3.42s and lsd

I'm gonna get my 3.42s and lsd here in the next couple weeks. I have it priced at right at $700 for the parts and installation. Is that a good price? It sounds about right to me. I don't want to do the install myself. I'm really looking forward to it though; the car will haul a** compared to what it does now.

1......2.......3........dance
    [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

What gears does your car currently have?
    2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Hey!

I'm getting a rear-end take off from speedautomotive online ( the cheapest around taht I've checked out at ) with 3.42 posis, disc brakes, the works, for only 300 bucks + shipping.... it would save you alot of cash, and you can install it yourself, really easy

save your money for some bling bling
      RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

If he doesn't have 3.42's already, he'll just need to upgrade his carrier from a series 2 to series 3, get the gears themselves, & get the LSD (the takeoff Zexel-Torsen from SLP is a steal). He already has the disc brakes on his '02. Unless he can work up a trade, it's not going to be worth it (unless he plans to do the entire swap himself).
        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

i thought just about all 00+ autos had 3.42s...
          2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Oh, no! Most of them have 3.08s. I doubt very many people that bought Camaros from 00 to 02 even knew there was a Y87 package. The Y87 is the only way (I think there are exceptions) you can get 3.42s stock. Anyway, can't install it myself: thats not an option. My dad wouldn't let me do that I don't think. And he makes the payments, so there you have it. Thanx for the suggestions though
            -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Camarorulz:
              The Y87 is the only way (I think there are exceptions) you can get 3.42s stock.<hr></blockquote>

Actually, Y87 isn't the only way to get 3.42's in an A4-equipped car. Most the A4's I looked at on dealer lots when searching for my '01 had 3.42's (no posi). I also know quite a few people on this board (and at least one friend with either an '00 or '01) that have 3.42's in their cars.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X