How long would it take? (Install Z28 rear-end) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long would it take? (Install Z28 rear-end)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long would it take? (Install Z28 rear-end)

I want to know how long it would take (approx) for a auto shop to install a rear-end on my car from a 1996 Z28.. I have a shop guy who has one laying around from a totaled Z and it has 28000 miles on it... He will GIVE it to me for NOTHING as long as the body shop installs it! Which is freaking awesome... Does anyone know how long the typical install time is? and is there anything i have to worry about when upgradeing...
    i'd be going from...
    96 v6 rear-end (94000mi.) Drum breaks, 3.08gears and open-rearend

to...
    96 v8 rear-end (28000mi.) Disc breaks, 3.42gears and positraction rearend....

if i get this installed i KNOW I will have to go to chevy dealer and get my computer/whatever reset/adjusted... cuz i am also getting 17" rims... PLMK any info u have! thanks so much
    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

You'll need a longer e-brake or you can just ditch it. Hopefully they won't charge you more then $250. That's about the price of a used one and install is very simple. Brakes might take a little time as there are many parts. If it's $250 then they're basically selling you the rear end and installing it for free. That's still an ok deal I guess.

Comment

anyone else...

Dom- thanks for the answers, now i really believe i am getting a good deal...

Anyone else do this?? how long did it take?
      <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

I did mine. Think that took the most time was running back and forth to the store for bolts and nuts!!! GRRR But beyond that, I figured a good day for R&R with minor pitstops for beer :D

OH... get some PB Blaster. Soak the bolts for a few hours the night before. Your knuckles will thank you.

Steve
        FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
        Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
        Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X