Torque converter quick help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque converter quick help

As it turns out i fried the clutch in my torque converter, and tommorrow i'm getting it replaced. My friend took my car to get it looked at (i had school so we swapped cars) so i didn't get to talk to the guy. I did have my friend ask him about higher stall torque converters and he said they would mess up my torque curve and possible make my car slower ( i had my friend ask about torque converters up to 3600, so he might have only been talking about ones that high) and he thinks sticking with a stock torque converter would be the best idea. I was thinking about getting a new one in the spring anyway, so i've been researching them a bit, but i don't have time to order one because i need my car to go on a trip this weekend. What would be the specs of a converter that would show my some performance increase? I'm going to drop it off this evening so any quick assistance is appreciated. thanks.
    New Car: 2004 GTP Comp G (Test Vehicle) 13.936@99.32 <br />Mods: Cylinder Filter,No Mufflers, 3.3\" <br />Old Car: 2000 Formula 13.124 @ 106.01 with 2.73\'s<br />Other Car: 1993 Firebird 16.1@83

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X