How much will 3.42's cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much will 3.42's cost?

I got 3.08's now. How much do they cost with the install and everything? Any info would help. (or should i not got the 3.42's?)
    sucks to loose.<br />10.100 1/8 <p>MODS~~~~~So far only slp cai and 180*stat<p>On the way = Exuast,Gears,LSD,converter, n20 <br />aim: Badonkydonk

Everybody that I know that has gone from 3.08s to 3.42s was very happy with them. You can a take-off lsd and gears for about $200 from places like slp. Installation will probably run you about $150-$250... depending on where you go. So your probably looking at about $400 for everything, unless you buy new. Then just the gears and lsd will cost you that much. Either way its a good move.
    <b>Black 1996 3.8L Firebird A4</b><br />--------------------------<br />Custom CAI, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 160 Deg Thermo, BMR ShockTower Brace<br />JVC mp3 HU, two 12\" Infinity Kappa Perfects, Infinity 6.5\" components, JBL 600.1 & 80.4 amps <br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/479229363CPbPiz\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>

Comment

i spend about $650 total...and i thought i was getting "good" deals throughout it as well. o well...

btw--since they have programming out for it, i would seriously go with 3.73s if i were you and i had the money...i wish i had, but at the time, they didn't have the programming for it, so it woulda been a waste for me...

[ November 19, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
      2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

ok, i had to rebuild my rearend compleatly and spent $180 on the ring and pinion from moser. that includes shipping. if you are looking to get a posi carrier and new ring and pinion your lokking to spend about $500-600.

Comment

just buy a whole rearend off of a 6-speed TA or Z. They come standard with 3.42s - and all you have to do is swap the thing out. Most people sell them for 300 max usually - I've seen some for 400 though. I did mine for 200 for the rear, 30 for the fluids, and 70 for the TA girdle. Not only was mine cheap, looks good, but it also has no whine since it's from the factory or GM. Just make sure to get one with low mileage and don't buy one from a car that was making massive power. Just my .02

Silver00
          2000 A4 BMS Firebird<br />MTI Clear Lid & Green Filter, BMR Boxed SFCs<br />SLP Ram-Air HO Hood, Corsa w/the bling bling tips, KVR Pads<br />Red Painted Calipers, BMR PHR<br />BMR LCA\'S, Hooker Longtubes and coated Y<br />Taylor Thundervolt Wires & NGK PLUGS<br />15\" Weld Prostars & Skinnies ;)<br />SLP Fan Switch/160 Thermo<br />Yank 3600 Extreme Converter<br />SPI1 Cam and 918s, 772s, and comp hardened pushrods, Shaner\'s S2 TB

Comment

ummm...what kind of programing?? What would need to be done after the gear install??

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Only4U:
            i spend about $650 total...and i thought i was getting "good" deals throughout it as well. o well...

btw--since they have programming out for it, i would seriously go with 3.73s if i were you and i had the money...i wish i had, but at the time, they didn't have the programming for it, so it woulda been a waste for me...

[ November 19, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]
            <hr></blockquote>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nitrox28:
              ummm...what kind of programing?? What would need to be done after the gear install??

<hr></blockquote>

FRom what I've read the speedo will be off, (and the mileage counter-thingy [img]smile.gif[/img] )

I might be behind on this but the LAST I read on this site said that there is no programming going from a 3.08 to a 3.73. You can go from 3.08 to a 3.42, then from 3.42 to 3.73. I could be wrong about that.
              1998 3.8 Camaro A4, <br />B&B Triflow CatBack,Whisper Lid, <br />1987 s10 Blazer 350 V8 shift kit,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X