i hate transmissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate transmissions

so my shift solenoid goes out today. no problem, got the part and fixed it. but now the car will not go backwards. reverse is a no go, neutral will roll forward but not backwards. is there something in the tranny that would cause that or is it something else (maybe brakes or driveshaft or something?)
    you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

is the shifter cable set right? i'm sure you've prolly checked it, but it could be a simple fix like that - wish it was. best of luck, wish I could offer more advice but I don't know.

Silver00
    2000 A4 BMS Firebird<br />MTI Clear Lid & Green Filter, BMR Boxed SFCs<br />SLP Ram-Air HO Hood, Corsa w/the bling bling tips, KVR Pads<br />Red Painted Calipers, BMR PHR<br />BMR LCA\'S, Hooker Longtubes and coated Y<br />Taylor Thundervolt Wires & NGK PLUGS<br />15\" Weld Prostars & Skinnies ;)<br />SLP Fan Switch/160 Thermo<br />Yank 3600 Extreme Converter<br />SPI1 Cam and 918s, 772s, and comp hardened pushrods, Shaner\'s S2 TB

Comment

wish it was that simple too. she's in the shop right now getting a complete rebuild, so she'll be better tomorrow morning.
      you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

is this a a4 auto with overdrive?
        the same thing is happening to mine right now. How much are you paying for the rebuild?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X