Z28 Diff? Vs. a 99 v6 diff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z28 Diff? Vs. a 99 v6 diff

Whats the difference between the z28 and a 99 v6 diff. Is it the size? Number of splines? I need to know cause im getting a v8 soon hopefully, and was woundering if my v6 diff with 3.73 would be good enough after I instsall a LSD.

TRhanks for the help and info>

[ November 25, 2002: Message edited by: calvo ]</p>
    1999 Camaro V6 A4<br />Navy Blue metallic<br />Intake+Exhaust+4.10+?=?

Only real difference between the V6 & V8 rears is whether or not they have posi. All the V8's do, but not all V6 cars have posi. They are both 10-bolts (I forget how many splines). Your gears will work, though.
    2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

2 main parts in the rear are of your concern.

#1 - 3.73 gears
      #2 - The differential

All V8s come with limited slip type differentials, the 98+'s happen to have zexel torsen (www.torsen.com) limited slips (gear based, won't wear out).

If your V6 has the open differential type, then upgrading to the torsen posi is adviseable, especially with 3.73s!

I don't quite understand your question though. If you don't mind rephrasing and being a little more descriptive of what exactly you're doing I might can be of more help. :cool:
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Fin:
        Only real difference between the V6 & V8 rears is whether or not they have posi. All the V8's do, but not all V6 cars have posi. They are both 10-bolts (I forget how many splines). Your gears will work, though.<hr></blockquote>

28 spline
        2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Thanks for the help. To be more detailed I wil be doing a V8 swap some time (soon hopefully) and I'm upgrading my tranny with a vette servo, a shift kit, also a new t.c. A aluminim drive shaft. and I already have 3.73 gears but no LSD :( (ran out of money at the time) And I was just woundering if a LSD in and all this other stuff if it would be a good combo with the v8, and if it would hold up well. What to you guy's think [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
          1999 Camaro V6 A4<br />Navy Blue metallic<br />Intake+Exhaust+4.10+?=?

Comment

if you are going to do the swap, don't beef up your internals on the trans. Or I mean don't do the shift kit and servo, and TC. If you do that then when you get the LS1 in there, u'r tranny would be useless. The bellhousing is a diff shape along with the input shaft so the tranny won't bolt up or the torque converter.

Silver00
            2000 A4 BMS Firebird<br />MTI Clear Lid & Green Filter, BMR Boxed SFCs<br />SLP Ram-Air HO Hood, Corsa w/the bling bling tips, KVR Pads<br />Red Painted Calipers, BMR PHR<br />BMR LCA\'S, Hooker Longtubes and coated Y<br />Taylor Thundervolt Wires & NGK PLUGS<br />15\" Weld Prostars & Skinnies ;)<br />SLP Fan Switch/160 Thermo<br />Yank 3600 Extreme Converter<br />SPI1 Cam and 918s, 772s, and comp hardened pushrods, Shaner\'s S2 TB

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X