Another LSD q- High Mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another LSD q- High Mileage

I have a 94 Camaro w/120K on the odo. I am thinking of putting in an LSD....never really needed it before but the roads here are cement Vs the blacktop I had in SC....so I am getting a lot of wheel spin......

My question is this, I don't want to do the gears, only the lsd. Since the gears are stock with so many miles (and wear), will I have a problem with the take-off LSD from SLP? I have heard of gear chatter or other problems...

[ November 18, 2002: Message edited by: CARdiac ]</p>
    Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

I didn't have any problems with my takeoff LSD. Had 74301 miles when I installed it. The install isn't very difficult either. I took lots of pictures, planned on making a how-to for it but haven't gotten around to it yet. I would suggest being ready to get some new gears for it. Depends on how much "abuse" they've had though. I would just make sure you take a good look at them when you got the case open. Check for any scarring, chips, or excessive wear. If they don't look to be in good shape, might want to go ahead and put some new gears in.
    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Nope, it will bolt up and work fine if everything is in good working order in your rear [img]smile.gif[/img]
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

my car had 130k miles on it when i put mine in, and i havn't gotten any gear chatter. Very simple install.
        New Car: 2004 GTP Comp G (Test Vehicle) 13.936@99.32 <br />Mods: Cylinder Filter,No Mufflers, 3.3\" <br />Old Car: 2000 Formula 13.124 @ 106.01 with 2.73\'s<br />Other Car: 1993 Firebird 16.1@83

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X