SLP Lightweight Flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP Lightweight Flywheel

Will any V8 flywheel work on our cars, or do we need something special for the T-5?

I assume the clutches are different too...
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

They wont work and it is hard to get a flywheel lightened for the 3.8s the problem with our engines is they are externally balanced. The tranny really doesn't matter that much it can be adapted to work.
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

you'd have to probly get some custom internals in order to internally balance the engine. I have no clue which is heavier, the pistons and rods or the crank counterweights. if it's the piston's rod that are heavier, just switching to the 3800performance forged overbore pistons would help, along w/ adding heavier mallory metal to the couterweights. If it's the counterweights, then all that needs to be done is some shaving of the weight itself.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

forget that, just get aluminum heads to solve your problem :rolleyes:
        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

dude, don't start that crap again. fine, so I looked in the wrong V6 area on GMPP. I'm sure GM will eventually make aluminum heads for our engines since the 3800 II will be used in the base model GTO's(I think). also, so many GM cars use the 3800 II engines that the aftermarket is coming out w/ new stuff for our engines all the time.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

This is completely off topic so lets drop it.
            2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

my bad.
              but i'd research more next time
              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                2 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X