I just got my 3.42's in.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got my 3.42's in.......

I just got them in...how much of a diff was i suposed to feel?? I still can't even chirp the tires.
    My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

Sorry to hear that man. What was your original gear size? I've read that 3.23 to 3.42 isn't much of a noticable gain. You drive a manual or automatic? For manuals, I think 3.73 are the option of choice. But I could be wrong.

Comment

thats really wierd, because i've heard quite few people now say they can barely feel a difference going 3.08-3.42. then others say there's a world of difference. i dunno man
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

i really think i could feel a difference. i dunno for sure. i think the reason you cant chirp the tires is the lsd is working right

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I spin the sh!t out of first and chirp second still. But then again I have 3.73's and the ground pounding force of the 3.4 :cool:

Comment

So wait...i have a messed up LSD? What could be wrong with it?
            My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

Comment

I doubt that anything's wrong with your LSD. Mine is like that sometimes, depending on whether or not the tires are warm.
              <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

I went from 3.23 to 3.42 and hardly felt a difference.

I do a lot of highway driving so I though the 3.42s would be best, but I wish that I went with 3.73s.
                1996 Silver Camaro, Y87, M5, cammed..<br />N/A Best Time: 14.012 @ 98.59<br />195 rwhp / 233 ft-lbs b/f heads/cam<br />Check out my site <a href=\"http://silver3800.cz28.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://silver3800.cz28.com/</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MingisDew31186:
                  So wait...i have a messed up LSD? What could be wrong with it?<hr></blockquote>

no he said your lsd is working. since now the power is being sent to both wheels instead of 1, giving you better traction
                  <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by StockV6Cam2:
                    I spin the sh!t out of first and chirp second still. But then again I have 3.73's and the ground pounding force of the 3.4 :cool: <hr></blockquote>

lol. [img]smile.gif[/img] hey btw, where did you get your 3.73's i might wanna do that to mine, anything to get more power, cause i cant afford a trans am *yet* [img]smile.gif[/img]

also is it something a novice person like myself can do with a few jacks and good tools??

dave
                    03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Comment

funny... I went from 3.23s to 3.42s and am very happy, I wouldn't want much more gearing then this other then autocrossing, I hated the losss of power from 65-90.

I wouldn't want anything different then my 3.42s, once I get to the top end of the track my car starts losing power, could be becuase of my motor or the gears.

by the way I chirped or spun second hard with stock 3.23s, and open Diffy, and chirp, and occasioanly spin 2nd gear with 3.42s and lsd.

Comment

Get a high stall converter and transgo shift kit you will chirp as much tire as you want :D maybe you dont have enough power what other engine mods do you have? I couldnt believe it but batmans car wouldnt spin tire even when powerbraking, i was very surprised.
                        Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

wanna feel a differnce- go hold the car ~25-30 mph and hammer it (if ur auto) also that flat spot at the bottom of second is almost gone...up above 100 there is a lot more pull too
                          98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited<br /><br /><br />MODS:<br />180* t-stat, K&N FIPK, mopar ECU,<br />mike leach long tube headers+3\" y-pipe, 3\" all the way out flowmaster 50 series, mopar magnum 2bbl m1 intake manifold, APS 52mm throttle body, powerslots, 2 JL 10w3\'s

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X