Creak from rear of car help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creak from rear of car help please

Ok just when I press on the gas and start to go from a stop i get a creak from the rear of my car. Should I look for broken suspension components, or something in the driveline, like possibly u-joins? It only does it right when I start from a stop. Has anyone had this problem that can point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Jared W. Drummond<br />jdrummon@vt.edu<br />1997 3.8 Firebird M5<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler* *SLP Cold Air Intake* *Zexel-Torsen LSD* *1-Piece DS* *Eibach Pro-Kit* *Removed MAF Screen* *Manual Fan Switch* *Mobil 1 Oils*<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Pioneer Premier DEH-920R Headunit* *Orion Cobalt 6 1/2\'s* *Sub Stealth Box w/ Alpine SWR-1021D* *Kenwood 728S Amp for Sub*

here's the easy check first...look at your antenna and see if it's loose.

edit: btw V-tech is going down to Miami on Dec. 7th :D

[ November 13, 2002: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]</p>

Comment

No, trust me its not the antenna. This is something serious and heavy, its not a clunk or a squeak, its a creak, that would be the best way I could describe it, maybe more on the left side then the right.

And VT will get their *** kicked by Miami unless we get our stuff in gear.

[ November 13, 2002: Message edited by: vtv6firebird ]</p>
      Jared W. Drummond<br />jdrummon@vt.edu<br />1997 3.8 Firebird M5<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler* *SLP Cold Air Intake* *Zexel-Torsen LSD* *1-Piece DS* *Eibach Pro-Kit* *Removed MAF Screen* *Manual Fan Switch* *Mobil 1 Oils*<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Pioneer Premier DEH-920R Headunit* *Orion Cobalt 6 1/2\'s* *Sub Stealth Box w/ Alpine SWR-1021D* *Kenwood 728S Amp for Sub*

Comment

is the hatch misaligned? check those little bumper things to make sure that they're screwed down equally so the hatch isn't sitting like / &lt;-(that)

Comment

Hey guys this is in the driveline somewhere, not anywhere else. I can ride around with my head down with the door open. Its something attached to the rear axle, but i cant tell where the sound is exactly coming from, nor can i see anything that looks broken.

Comment

Check for worn bushings, or leaking shocks. I had a leaking shock, and it made the same kind of creaking noise.
            1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

I hsve the same problem but on the passengers side. I really hear it if I am in second gear at a low rpm and push the gas. It sounds like a grinding moaning creak or something. I al so cannot locate the source. I am putting the car on the rack tommorrow and will et you know if I find anything.
              James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

Comment

Ok I think the noise is comming from the torque arm bushing. It looks like its cracked or part of it is missing. I went to the dealer and they want to order the whole arm, just to get the bushing. Which is $115. I have been to junkyards, and seen plenty of torque arms, but no bushings on them. Does anyone know any place I could order just a bushing.

Comment

tranny mount? but that wouldn't be near the back, but it can still make a real nice bang if broken

Is your exhaust system banging against the drivetrain? It's hard to pinpoint these problems but good luck diagnosing it.

Comment

i have the same creak i'm pretty sure. i dunno what it is. heh, not gonna bother me until something breaks though [img]tongue.gif[/img] dunno why, i am just not worried about it...
                    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X