Reprogramming for gear change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reprogramming for gear change

I emailed zoomer about programming my 98 3.8 w/3.08 to correct for my 3.73 and he said that they can do anything i want them to do to my computer. When i searched on this subject i found that most reprogramers only go up to 2 higher or lower gear sizes. if that is true how does zoomer do it, and has anyone had them progam there pcm? if so comments, suggestions?
    Msd wires,Summit coils,Cuctom CIA&longtubes 2.5inch w/side exit,Cam,Heads & Intake,30# injectors,reprogrammed computer,3400 edge Converter, 3.73\'s&LSD,Edlebrock torque arm, SLP LCA\'s,Jegs panhard bar,16 inch nittos Best ET 14.374 @94 <br />Best 60\' 1.91

If your car is a 00-02 Use the hypertech. For $330 or so its really worth it to have around. 2.73-4.56 gear change capability is one of the nice features [img]smile.gif[/img]
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

my car is a 98 so unless i get a new pcm & vin i cant. i was quoted 450 by zoomer for anything
      Msd wires,Summit coils,Cuctom CIA&longtubes 2.5inch w/side exit,Cam,Heads & Intake,30# injectors,reprogrammed computer,3400 edge Converter, 3.73\'s&LSD,Edlebrock torque arm, SLP LCA\'s,Jegs panhard bar,16 inch nittos Best ET 14.374 @94 <br />Best 60\' 1.91

Comment

98 had the non electronic TB, so you cant upgrade to an 00+ pcm. You will have to go with zoomer or get a JETSCU from slp i beleive. this will recalibrate your speedo.

Comment

I dont know if zooomer told you but if 7 or more of use get in on this programming he will do it for 300.00 so that saves us 150.00 i am in for sure just need 6 others.
          Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

im in too all i need is a week or 2, till i park the car for winter. then the comp is on it's way

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
              If your car is a 00-02 Use the hypertech. For $330 or so its really worth it to have around. 2.73-4.56 gear change capability is one of the nice features [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

I have the Hypertech Programmer and it only gives me 3.08, 3.23 and 3.42 as gear options. WTF?
              2001 Pewter Camaro<br />Mods: \"Just intake and exhaust\"

Comment

My Hypertech only adjusts only up to 3.42 as well. To get the speedometer corrected I went with the 3.42 option, adjusted the tire height to the minimum size available and it is now accurate (I used highway mile markers to test).
                \'01 Camaro M5 1SA \"Lightweight\" hardtop, Bright Red, Ebony cloth, FRA, Whisper Lid, B&B cat-back, Torsen 3.73 LSD, HPPIII (93 octane setting)<p>\'00 Camaro SS M6 T-Top, all GM and most SLP opts., Bright Red, Ebony leather, 4.10s, SLP long tubes, Loudmouth, CNC Stage II H/C, etc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X