Draive shaft/Tranny drop ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draive shaft/Tranny drop ASAP

I am right in the middle of dropping my engine and I cant figure out how to drop the trans...Well I cant figure out how to seperate the driveshaft and the transmission....

Please help///
    \"If I have seen further, it is by standing upon the <br />shoulders of giants.\" (Isaac Newton)

unbolt it from the differential and then it will just slide out of the transmission
    - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Yep, unbolt the two clamps on the rear at the differential housing. Use a screwdriver or something if necessary to pry out the little t thing (whatever you call it) then you just slide the d/s forward, lower the end of it so it will pass under the diff housing, then just slide it right out of the tranny.

Make sure you've drained the tranny fluid and have a catch pan under the rear of the tranny, fluid will leak out!

[ November 06, 2002: Message edited by: 96BeastV6 ]</p>
      -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X