Slow 2-3 Shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow 2-3 Shift

My 1-2 shift is fast and firm but my 2-3 shift is slow and wimpy. Any ideas what's the problem? It never did this when I first got the car but it still continues to do it. My tranny fluid is fine and I don't want to throw any aftermarket stuff on to compensate.

if your driving hard, knock it into second and let it wind out...mine shifts ~72 and the redline is closer to 82 i figure (shows 80 and 90) and then once you get above 85 move it to d
    98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited<br /><br /><br />MODS:<br />180* t-stat, K&N FIPK, mopar ECU,<br />mike leach long tube headers+3\" y-pipe, 3\" all the way out flowmaster 50 series, mopar magnum 2bbl m1 intake manifold, APS 52mm throttle body, powerslots, 2 JL 10w3\'s

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tri-Flo 99:
      if your driving hard, knock it into second and let it wind out...mine shifts ~72 and the redline is closer to 82 i figure (shows 80 and 90) and then once you get above 85 move it to d<hr></blockquote>

oh it winds out to 6,000 (which is 75/76 for 3.42s...surprising that you say 82 having 3.42s as well) but it takes forever to go through the gear shift. The BEST way to describe it would be comparing it to a granny shift in a manual. Ya don't granny shift when racing...ugh I hate autos

Comment

"granny shifting auto" sounds like the clutch bands may be slipping. if so, could need a rebuild, got any warranty left on it. If it is slipping don't install a shift kit, to make it shift faster, that will just wear it out faster. But if you do rebuild it, then consider a shift kit for firm shifts.

Just a guess
        1998 Camaro Daily Driver<br />1980 Z28 Work In Progress<p>\"enough horspower, is never enough, but too much is just right!!\"

Comment

thats odd, i pulled my SCU and i wound out 2nd and it was up around 90, which is hi hi hi 70s if not 80
          98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited<br /><br /><br />MODS:<br />180* t-stat, K&N FIPK, mopar ECU,<br />mike leach long tube headers+3\" y-pipe, 3\" all the way out flowmaster 50 series, mopar magnum 2bbl m1 intake manifold, APS 52mm throttle body, powerslots, 2 JL 10w3\'s

Comment

all of our 2-3 shifts are wimpy. deal with it.

could also try a vette servo to stiffen it up.
            2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

I'm not sure if you guys have this on your fourth gen cars, but on mine there's a throttle valve cable that runs to the tranny. I had trouble with my 2-3 shift, it would get to the point were it should shift but it would hold there for way too long. Pulling out on the cable at the adjuster made it shift sooner when it's suppose to.
              91 Firebird 3.1<br />SC12 Supercharger<br />LSD w/ 3.73s<br />NOS 80hp wet shot<br />AKA: Phoenix<br />\"If Speed Kills...Consider Me Dead.\"

Comment

I'm pretty sure they make an addative to fix this...just goto pep-boys and Im sure you'll find something ;)

edit: His 2-3 shift is really bad...not as bad as stock...we raced once..and if I remember thats when I beat you ;)

[ October 31, 2002: Message edited by: nikon ]</p>

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                05' CTS-V
                00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Only4U:
                  all of our 2-3 shifts are wimpy. deal with it.

could also try a vette servo to stiffen it up.
                  <hr></blockquote>

lol...it's wimpier than another V6. I ran my friend (we run identical) but now on the 2-3 shift I shift later and then he pulls away from me :( I'm not too happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X