B&M shift plus, worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&M shift plus, worth it?

B&M ShiftPlus+ electronic shift improver. I saw it a Kragen for $30 is it worth it.
    1994 White A4 Z/28<br />Mac Headers, Flowmaster, <br />1LE Intake Boot, TB Bypass,<br />TransGo Shift Kit<p>1995 3.4L A4 Camaro<br />K&N Intake, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust,<br />3.73 gears, B&M Shift Plus<br />30th Anniversary Racing Stripes<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=241488\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=241488</a> SOLD

dont get it. it has been known to hurt you tranny. do a search

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I have had one on my car for over a year, and the transmission is perfect. Shifts nice and hard. No comparison to a transgo or anything, but you can turn this off whenever you want. But hey, I dont know what I am talkin about. They will ruin your tranny.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
      White 94 3.4 A4 Camaro<br />Perf:<a href=\"http://www.splmeter.com/94camaro.html\" target=\"_blank\">2.5\" Flowmaster catback </a>, K&N FIPK, B&M ShiftPlus, Aluminum Driveshaft<br />App: 17\" Eagle 077 wheels, rk sport performance spoiler, clear corners<br />Audio: <a href=\"http://www.splmeter.com/box.html\" target=\"_blank\">Drivers side 12\" stealth box</a><br />Times: 10.602@64.2 w/ 2.25 60\' in the 1/8th

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...&f=23&t=000325

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...&f=23&t=000532

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

It has been discussed before.
            It is a bad mod to do.
            Over time the internal hoses etc can not handle the added tranny line psi.
            Trust me, don't do it.
            If you have it installed in your car remove it
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I installed one once, and it made all kinds of noise down there by the tranny... took it off an hour later. Not worth it, and my tranny actaully screamed at me! jp but I took it off
              RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

didn't like it at all, yeah it did shift harder, but not worth it, jsut wait and get a transgo and a corvetee servo, you will like that!!!
                1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

Installed a "shift-plus" on my Camaro about 6 years ago. The car had about 25,000 or 30,000 miles on it. It now has over 100,000 miles and no problems.
                  Question: I noticed one of the things some performance chips or programmers enhance is the shift firmness electronically. So IF the shift plus hurts the tranny.....would a chip or programmer hurt the tranny?
                  Dr Todd

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dr Todd:
                    Installed a "shift-plus" on my Camaro about 6 years ago. The car had about 25,000 or 30,000 miles on it. It now has over 100,000 miles and no problems.
                    <hr></blockquote>

Question: I noticed one of the things some performance chips or programmers enhance is the shift firmness electronically. So IF the shift plus hurts the tranny.....would a chip or programmer hurt the tranny

well put, I have installed mine a few days ago, i like it, it does what it claims, and i haven't heard any complaints from my tranny, as long as you dont drive hard 24/7 you will be fine.
                    1997 Pontiac Firebird 3.8

Comment

just because you had a weak tranny before it doesnt mean the B&M ruined it,if you have the money then buy it you'll notice harder shifting.I had it mine for over 2+ years with no problems [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        5 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X