Clutch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch question

fried the clutch on my firebird so im looking to replace it with a centerforce or similar decent performance clutch, but the more i read here the more i see people doing more than just replaceing the clutch and TOB...
    1. in several searches ive noticed people replacing the slave cylinder...
    why is this?
    unless its damaged or worn is it alright to just leave it?
    2. also, the rear main seal, ive noticed alot of people end up replacing this too...is it necisary if u dont have any leaks?
    and
    3. and last of all, other than centerforce, what clutch brands would you guys recomend? im a poor college student that needs a clutch and doesnt need a empty wallet [img]smile.gif[/img]
    thanks for all your help
    Jhonathan
    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

I'm gettin a centerforce dual friction put in wednsday.. i also am doing the rear main seal cause it is very wet around it under there..

if a rear main goes. oil can leak in to where your clutch is, and ruin it.. thats my thoery..

so..
    clutch, tob, pilor bearing, rear main seal.. seems like a decent job. as far as master cylinder, i bet i could use it, but im not about to do it.. maybe if i needed to.. but i dont think i need to..

hope you get things squared away. hey, ill let ya know what i think of the centerforce..

also remember, you can still go with a centerforce 1 or 2 i think, you dont need the dual friction..

dave
    03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X