1LE mount is knocking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1LE mount is knocking?

Just put it on about 45 mins ago and drove with it. It seems like when i go hard off the line it will knock sometimes. Is that just breaking in or did i not tighten up enough? I like the effects of it though, definitly gets up and goes alot faster! Feels stiffer too. Thanks.

Scott

Are you sure the mount is knocking? When I put mine on I heard some knocking and it turned out to be my i-pipe banging against the tunnel brace. The mount drops the transmission down, taking pretty much everything with it (engine, exhaust, etc.). All of it dropped back a little in mine, and it brought the exhaust down enough to hit the tunnel brace. I took the tunnel brace off and haven't heard anything since.
    Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

Comment

I'll check this out.....so the tunnel brace, where is that exactly? In relation to the crossmember and mount where is the tunnel brace? Thanks.

Scott

Comment

It's behind the crossmember and mount (towards that back of the car), and runs across the driveshaft tunnel. Just look to see if your i-pipe is touching, or very close to touching, the brace. If it is, take it off and drive around a little. If the knock goes away, that was your problem.
        Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

Comment

Jsut a thin peice of metal with 4 bolts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X