OK, I think im gunna change my own clutch. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, I think im gunna change my own clutch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, I think im gunna change my own clutch.

OK, so if im gunna buy and install a centerforce dual friction clutch, ill order the clutch from jegs, then i need a throwout bearing, and a pilot bearing, then a rear main seal.. anything else?

i read andy's steps, but can someone furthermore claify this..

also, is this possiable to do with just puttin the car on ramps? or do you NEED a lift?

first thing, the DS, where so i start on to where to take that out etc? i needed some steps so i dont screw anything up.. is there a tricks i need to know and stuff?

if you feel frisky, even email me a step list [img]smile.gif[/img] .. and maybe ill take pictures step by step for this site?

thanks
    dave
    03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Before you attempt it make sure you have high enough jack stands and jack. Have at least 4 jack stands. Car will need to be high and safe. I got my car up 2 feet and still couldn't swap the tranny with the jack under it. You probably won't need to lower the tranny all the way. So think of 2 feet as a minumum you need to jack it up so you have some space.

Those tall jackstands and jacks are so expensive. Maybe you can borrow/rent them.

Comment

im goin to the shop in 20 mins to get a final labor rate .. if its worth it, ill have them do it.. cause if anything dies,, its their fault [img]smile.gif[/img]

got the t/o bearing and clutch on its way, due in monday.. have to get a pilot bearing today..

dave
      03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Comment

I did mine with normal jackstands, here are some pics for reference:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/tiago/clutch.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X