gearchangebadshiftpoints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearchangebadshiftpoints

i have a 1998 v6 firebird auto i change my gears from 3:08 to 3:73 and add a scu 2000 unit from jet but it does not work it will not shift it goes into the rev limter and i have to let off and get back on it before it will shift need help if any one knows of any other unit that works if you have had the jet unit any it works please helpor do something other than a speed unit i just want it to shift
    1998firebird<br />3.8<br />3:73/125nos shot/tyler wires/ngkplugs/whisperlid/free ram air

Welcome to the board. The only thing that I know about that unit is that it was made to be accurate for 2 gear upgrades at the most. Of course, they don't tell you that when you buy it. Look for a post by 10secdream. He had the same problem. I think that he ended up changing gears. Jet was the one that told him about the 2 gear limit. Hope this helps.
    <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

i had the same problem when i first bought the scu and 3.73 gears. the problem is the 3.08 shift points go to around 42 mph be4 the car shifts out of first the pcm from a y87 optioned car with 3.42 gears shifts a tad sooner, around 40ish you have 2 buy the computer from a 3.8 same year as yours with the y87 option, 3.42 gears . this will fix your problem [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X