Newbie Fluid Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Fluid Change

Is it advised for a newbie to attempt a transmission fluid change.. I've done it before on a old Caddy, but is it all that different.. What all am I gonna need to get the job done??
    2000 Camaro Z/28

Splash tray to keep the old fluid from going everywhere, a catch can, a 3/8 drive ratchet, some rags and a jackstand or two. Shouldnt be to hard. I did mine but then again I am not a newbie. ;) Just drain the flu id from the bottom plug into the pan and replace the plug when its done. I suggest getting a house attachment so that you can squeeze the fluid up into the tranny rather than trying to get the bottle upside down and pour it in. Undo the fill plug, filler up, replace plug, and then take it down of the jacks. Simple as that.
    Andy Adamez<br />--------------------<br />3.8L 97 V6<br />Hurst Shifter w/ Home Made Handle, Hypertech 160 Thermo, Ported MAF, 5 Point Harness for Pass & Driver, Painted Valve Covers, Nitrous Express Wet EFI Kit

Comment

If you don't have a drain plug in your pan (which is common, unfortunately), have your pan (a large one) ready, then loosen all the bolts around the pan. After they are all loose, start taking out the ones on the front, so that the pan starts tipping, and the oil will start to drain out. Make sure most of the fluid is out before you try to take the pan all the way off, otherwise, you'll lose the pan, guaranteed.
      The filter change should also be straight forward, it should just pull out, and the new one slip in.
      Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

EDITED

[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: Dom ]</p>

Comment

basically what was said above.

I would reccomend doing the rear differntial fluid. you can either take off the cover, or you cna use a syphoning tool they sell at car stores.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X