swaped rears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swaped rears

alright today was the day i swapped my stock rear to a 3.42 posi disk brake rear. it was pretty easy just unbolt the old rear and swap it with the new one. just watch out for the rubber brake line it might brake so you might wanna buy a spair incase.you dont need a toshuning valve like some people say.might be another valve but not sure. it took about 6 hours for the whole swap and i was very impressed with the new rear.i could deffinitly feel a big difference with the take off. not a bad mod for $300 [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] :D [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
    94 firebird black 3.4 A4<br />ram-air hood,trans am nose,30th aniversery raceing stripes/side,decals,tb-bypass,160* thermostate,ported throttle body,accel coils,msd wires,NGK plugs,catback-flowmaster exhaust,ASP underdrive pulley\'s,k&n cone airfilter,aluminum race pedals,N.O.S 5175,trans go shift kit,corvette servo,converted to a 96 rear with 3.42\'s,lsd,disk brakes,mac lowering springs, Xenon headlights,chrome firehawk 17\'s with 275/40/17<br />best et. 15.558<br />mph 87.89

what gears did you go to, it took me about 13 hours, maybe 10 hours of actual labor, I did it all around 1am till later in the morning. And it was in a parking lot so every night I had to put all my tools away so no one would steal them. It isn't thaqt bad, I do not have the proportioning valve like people say and my brakes worked better hte n the drums ever did. did you swap 6the e-brake cable over? I been lazy about getting ythe e0-brake cables off disc brakes.

Comment

the new rear has 3.42's in it. and it came with the e-brake cables but didnt hook them up yet.it took about 4 1/2 hours taking the old rear off and 1 1/2 or less puting the new one on.did it in my friends driveway.
      94 firebird black 3.4 A4<br />ram-air hood,trans am nose,30th aniversery raceing stripes/side,decals,tb-bypass,160* thermostate,ported throttle body,accel coils,msd wires,NGK plugs,catback-flowmaster exhaust,ASP underdrive pulley\'s,k&n cone airfilter,aluminum race pedals,N.O.S 5175,trans go shift kit,corvette servo,converted to a 96 rear with 3.42\'s,lsd,disk brakes,mac lowering springs, Xenon headlights,chrome firehawk 17\'s with 275/40/17<br />best et. 15.558<br />mph 87.89

Comment

Have fun with the e-brake cables. That actually took most of my time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X