Questions: 1LE Tranny Mount Installed - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions: 1LE Tranny Mount Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions: 1LE Tranny Mount Installed

OK, I installed the 1LE tranny mount. Easy easy install, took me a while because I dawdle, and dont' have my tools organized (i'm using my grandfather's which are in my garage ... next time i'm out i'm getting my own, entire, set of craftsmans ... the **** he has keep strippin inside).
    Anyway, the crossmember is dirty as hell. Nasty ...
    Question: My shifter sits lower now. Like, "Sh*t I didn't know I put a short-throw in", and "Sh*t I just keep bangin' the 2-4-R on the rear half of the shifter box." That second part seems like it can be resolved by cutting out some of the shifter leather, or trying to keep the leather in the forward half of the box, because my shifter is in the middle when in 1-3-5, and on the bottom rim at 2-4-R. Haven't given it a high-speed road test, but that's comin' soon -- tomorrow i'm autoXin' at FedEx field. Gotta swap tires .. aaargh.
    Any answers? Thanks!
    -Rob
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

I installed the 1LE tranny mount in my car and it did drop the stick down a little, but I don't have any clearance issues. I think maybe that is because I have a hurst billet plus w/ Lou's short stick. With the throw shorter, the stick doesn't travel as far back. Maybe it's time for a short shifter for you.
    Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

Comment

I have a stock shifter, it moved down a bit but I have no problems at all with it.

Comment

An aftermarket shifter will solve your problem.
        2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

I think it must be a problem you 3.8l guys face. I shift geasr all day with no clearance problems.

Comment

Does your 1LE mount knock when you go off the line? Mine does that, i just put it in. Should i retighten it?

Scott

Comment

I have the same problem. I'm banging my shifter to back of the console and rattle my change in the ashtray. It sucks.
              Josh<br />96 Red Firebird <br />SLP intake, zex nitrous 75 shot(for sale), purge kit, MAC lca + phr, Jamex springs, flowmaster 80 series, ES tranny bushing, SCR subframe conectors, Harlan shiftlight, A/F guage, MSD dis-4, Accel wires w/ NGK tr6\'s, foglights, stereo, zexel torsion LSD, Walboro 255 pump, and more.<br />Looking for: 1le ds, nx wet kit + accesories

Comment

I just put my 1le tranny mount in about an hour ago and when I road tested it I found out I couldn't go into 2nd or 4th! My friend and I ended up using some washers to space it out a bit and it brought the tranny back upto stock height. I do hafta say that mount is awesome!
                1998 3.8 M5<br />246.4 rwhp unknown torque<br />2000 Z28 M6<br />393.7 rwhp 380.6 rwtq

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X