2000+ transmission mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000+ transmission mount

I have a cracked transmission mount. I have been trying to find a better one, but I can't find one for the 2000+ model years. The 1LE is at SLP:

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...RTNUMBER=60005

but it says it does not fit 2000-2002 models. Does anyone make a better transmission mount for a late model camaro/firebird, and if so can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks. My transmission is moving all over the place.
    Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

I just ran into the same problem. Go to www.gmpartsdirect.com and enter in part # 22146231 for the newer 1LE trans mount. It has been updated, 40 bucks shipped. I'm ordering mine right now. :D

Scott

Comment

Also, if your car is your daily driver do not go with the Energy Suspension poly trans mount unless you like it real real real rough. The 1LE is the best mix between performance and not being too harsh. Just a heads up on that one. [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

Scott

Comment

The 1LE tranny mount is bad *** , it makes your car feel way more solid. I couldn't believe the difference after i replaced my broken stock POS.
        1997 red 3.8 M5-Daily Driver<br />I/E, Magnaflow cat... <br /><br />1990 Talon TSI AWD-Weekend Warrier<br />Forged internals, Front Mount, SS valves, crower springs, -still under construction. Best stock E.T. 14.3@92--&gt;missing 4th doh!!

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'm ordering now!

Comment

Does anyone know a site with or have any instructions for replacing the transmission mount on a 2000+? I am going to try to do this tomorrow, and I would like to have some directions in hand. Thanks!

Comment

What exactly does the tranny mount do and how much would it cost to get it installed?
              1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X