Pro 5.0 Problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro 5.0 Problem....

got my pro 5.0 shifter installed, but i keep having a hell of a time keeping the shifter stick on. the two little black bolts that hold the stick on keep backing out on me, would putting locktite on it fix it? i want the handle to stay on but at the same time i want to be able to remove it easily when i put my short stick on there...
    what would be you guys recomendations? because its a pain to pull my center console out and tighten it twice a day...
    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Mine has the same problem, although they don't back out that quickly. I usually have to tighten it about once every month or so. And when I say tighten, I mean TIGHTEN. I have a few twisted alan wrenches because of my tightening. If you're going to get a short stick for it, I would suggest holding off on the locktite until that's in. Just tighten the h*ll out of that thing.
    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

ok ive got 2 sets of allen wrenches, ill go tighten the living hell out of it
      maybe it will hold
      R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

I had the same problem.....I went to the hardware store with the bolts it came with and got two news ones that were long enough that I could fit a nut on the other side. I used some lock tite and the nuts with the shortstick and haven't had a problem for months.

Comment

I used the blue locktite on mine, cuz they did loosen up after a few months..

anyone of u have problems with falling out of gear? im not sure if its a clutch or tranny problem, the clutch slips, so im guessing its a clutch problem..

dave
          03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Comment

i do have it drop out of 5th alot...
            never any other gears though
            im thinking about backing the bolt up a bit seeing if its just the adjustment...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X