What “goodies” should I get with a tranny rebuild? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What “goodies” should I get with a tranny rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What “goodies” should I get with a tranny rebuild?

My A4 is going to need a rebuild soon. What special parts should be used to insure its reliability?

I am not really looking for much of a performance increase, if it is going to come at the expenses of ride quality and streetability. However I do want it to last a long time and hold up against spirited driving, hard acceleration, and the occasional burnout.

I may go in the N.O.S. direction, so I want something that will hold up (consistently) against a 50-70 shot, spraying through the shifts.

So what should I ask for?
    Could I just tell them to rebuild it to V8 specs?

Thanks in advance for any info/suggestions
    -Jason ;)
    <b>LS1 RX7! </b> &#0124;&#0124; <a href=\"http://www.no-bling.com/image_galleries/index.php?action=viewgallery&gallery=galleries/eyeoutthere_LS1_FC\" target=\"_blank\">Full Gallery</a> <br /><br />LT1 Header Informtion/survey

Go check out http://www.transmissioncenter.net/4L60E.htm

I'm planning on rebuilding mine with a TransGo shift kit, new clutch packs, new servos, tranny cooler, deep pan w/ drain plug, some new springs and valves, and probably a new torque converter as well.
    -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Thanks,

Any other suggestions?
      <b>LS1 RX7! </b> &#0124;&#0124; <a href=\"http://www.no-bling.com/image_galleries/index.php?action=viewgallery&gallery=galleries/eyeoutthere_LS1_FC\" target=\"_blank\">Full Gallery</a> <br /><br />LT1 Header Informtion/survey

Comment

Go with the high-performance clutch packs and bands. Nothing too radical, doesn't need to be NASCAR certified ($$$$$$), but stuff that's made significantly stronger than stock. Also a shift kit. All the ones I've seen have different settings, from firm but mild shifts, to full-out bang-the-gears race shifts.
        I was going to see about getting the tranny rebuilt on my '95. The guy in town quoted me at $950, plus the shift kit and any extra cost for better parts, no extra charge for installing them.
        Another place you can check is Superior Transmissions, I can't remember their web address exactly, but look them up on Yahoo. A lot of transmission shops use their parts. Hope that helps out.
        Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X