stall speed question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stall speed question

stall speed is determined by the amount of torque your engine puts out, right? if this is so, and I have the stock conv. with 1800 stall, with my mods, has the stall speed dropped a little since i'm probably making more tq than I was before?
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

It will go up if you increase your torque. Although bolt on mods do not do much. You must increase displacement, add nitrous, etc. Simple bolt ons will not change the stall speed.

Comment

Ok you hit the nail on the head since i will have a 100 shot what should i stall the tourque converter up to now
      <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

Nitrous converters have bigger area then NA converters so the stall speed doesn't go up much compared to NA ones. It depends on the converter you have.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X