Lou's Short Stick doesn't fit Pro 5.0 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou's Short Stick doesn't fit Pro 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou's Short Stick doesn't fit Pro 5.0

I tried to install the Pro 5.0 short stick on my Pro 5.0 and it doesn't fit. Lou said he doesn't have much experience with users fitting it to 5 speeds. Has anyone gotten it to work?

I followed the directions and when I try to shift into first or second, my stick actual hit the left side of the console and I have to push hard to move the console over to make the shift. Also, when pulling back on the stick into second, the shift knob goes so low it hits the console.

I attached the shifter to the right side of the base. The directions said install it to the left, but there is no way there is enough clearance on the left when it doesn't even fit on the right. Has anyone gotten it to fit a 5 speed or am I just out of luck?
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

Stefan and myself have ours mounted to Hurst shifters. Check this out:

http://reviews.firebirdv6.com/hurstbilletplus.html

Steve
    FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
    Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
    Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

BigEd - I don't know about the Pro5, but I just put a Lou's short stick (the straight one) on my Hurst Billet last week. I placed it on the right side, and I have had no problems whatsoever. Did you order the straight stick or the one at a 26 degree angle?
      Also FYI- I used blue loctite when putting the bolts in, because a few members on this board have had problems with the bolts loosening up over time.
      2002 Camaro V6, M5, Black, T-tops, Y87, Monsoon, and Leather!<br />**Current Mods** : Wisper Lid, Hurst Billet Shifter, Free CAI.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X