Y not go w/ 3.73's all w/ gears respond. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y not go w/ 3.73's all w/ gears respond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y not go w/ 3.73's all w/ gears respond.

Y would it be bad to go with 3.73 on a 99 Bird that is an A4. I plan to go with a stall and 1.9 roller rockers but besides the gas mileage, y is it bad....
    Its not a Camaro, Its a FIREBIRD!!!!

It not bad, it's preference.

Comment

Speed limiter comes a lot sooner (unless it is removed)
      Speedo is off which means more miles on car
      Tach is off, car shifts sooner and does not utilize the whole rpm band.
      I've had 308's, then 410's, then 342's, and now 323's
      323's work the best for my situation
      342's work quite well for n/a
      323 gears, 26 inch tall et streets (which simulate a 308 gear to the ground) lsd, 3200 n/a and 3600 nitrous converter gave me a best of 1.630 60 ft!!!!
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

i have 3.73's...love'em , my speedo is off like 8mph..not too bad.

gas milage- not bad at all, i drive 25miles to work and 25 back...not a noticable difference.

performance.. pulls like a mofo outta the hole, with a shift kit and sum pullies, should have no trouble bangin second.

over all..i absolutely love them... [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]
        94 3.4L A4 white t-tops<br />moroso cai<br />3\"hi-flow pacestter exhaust<br />b&m shift kit<br />catco cat<br />01 T/A rear w/ 3.73\'s and posi<br />1 pc aluminum ds<br />blacked out signals

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          3 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X