Dom i have the results from dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dom i have the results from dealer

Well after 4 hours of no luck they pulled a code trannsmission componet slippage. ( still have no idea what part) We are hoping vavle body. ALso they foudn lower ball joints were loose, right strut leaking. What would cause this code and how much are ball joints. Also i had an alignment done for a [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] $125 rapeing. They want $75 more to figure out what the slippage is. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] :mad: [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
    My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

man, they did an alighment with a loose ball joint?? that essentially makes the alignment useless.. did they replace the loose ball joint also or just said "your ball joint is loose and we aligned you car.. that will be $125??" if so dude you need to go burn that place down cause they knowingly ripped you off.. either that or they are complete morons... once you replace the ball joints (which is a good idea to do in pairs depending on mileage) change out the struts you are going to need to get the alignment checked if nothing else..
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

Pretty much hey your alignments doen but ball joints are loose. I'll show him a loose ball joint. Anyways what do i do about this trans prob. :D [img]redface.gif[/img] It seems to make my life uneasy right now nto having full power. :Þ
      My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

Please help

Comment

Speaking of lower balljoints & a leaking strut, was it making any noise before you took it in? If so, what was it?
          2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by predator5100:
            Well after 4 hours of no luck they pulled a code trannsmission componet slippage. ( still have no idea what part) We are hoping vavle body. ALso they foudn lower ball joints were loose, right strut leaking. What would cause this code and how much are ball joints. Also i had an alignment done for a [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] $125 rapeing. They want $75 more to figure out what the slippage is. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] :mad: [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Many things can cause slippage. Do you still have 4th gear? Is that thing at 20mph a shift into another gear or is it the same gear? Your RPM should tell you. What does that bump sound and feel like? You need to be very specific. Are all the shifts fine? 2-3 3-4 4-3 4-2 3-2? Does it downshift into 1st? Does full throttle and partial throttle all feel the same up to 20mph?

What exactly was the code? What was the number?

You can get ball joints at any parts store. Upper ones are easy to replace. Lower ones need a big hammer or a press. Info was posted a while back.

Why did you let them do the alignment or why did they do it knowing balljoints still need to be replaced? Why don't you ask them. "If you guys are professionals why did you do an alignment knowing I'll need another one right after I get new ball joints?"

Sounds like a rip off shop. The two shops that I took my trans to also tried to rip me off. I was in the middle of taking legal action, as I know I was right and could prove it, before they agreed to my terms. Get their fairy tales on paper. If they're hesitant you know something is up.

Find out exactly what code you threw.

Don't pay them just to mess around. In the end they might say you need a rebuild, which they might have known long time ago and now they got all this extra money for nothing. Also it sounds like they are expensive. Alignment is probably $50 around here. Take your car to another shop. Tell them if they can't find the problem, you're taking your car elsewhere. Don't agree on anything until you know the final price. One of the problems I had was that one shop tried to sell me "their converter" cause mine was fried or I get no warranty for trans. They didn't accept any other converter, even brand new GM converter. They didn't mention this to me during the rebuild so I argued endlessly. Finally just started taking legal action and they all of a sudden changed their tone as they knew I was right and they would have major problems with the secretary of state. What they did was offer a low price on a rebuild and then tried to make it up by scamming me into buying a converter from them for $300. Don't believe everything they tell you. If they are professionals they know what's up. Either they're trying to rip you off or are dumb. In either case, take it to a different shop.

I can't believe a trans shop takes this long and still has no clue as to the problem. This is elementary to them. They do this on daily basis.

Comment

Well i got it out of the one shop yesterday and took it to the dealer today. Where they told me after i specifically said trans prob took it to (drivability.) after arguing with guy he said you wanted us to troubleshoot a vibration right. I said yes he said well we couldn;t find anything.
              I was like o.k I was there for the check they used a backpressure guage and exhaust was great. And fuel flow, and compression was great. I'm going to another dealer again tommorow to have a proper check done. AS far as trans prob they told me the code i don;t remember i will find out tommorow. All the code was tran comp slippage. I also why i was there had an alignment. After the alignment they said my Lower ball joints were loose. Needless to say i payed 125(75 for diagnositic) (49 for align )after all of this to find out nothing i already didn't know. The car when flooring it from a get go barely move's. I can watch rpm climb past 4,000 and be at 10 mph. At about 20 MpH and 3500 rpm the cars clunks and works normal but still has lack of power untill around 45. after i let go of the gas rpm holds for around a sec or so. And seems at times not to downshift. I can floor it while at a slow rate and litterally burn trans fluid. They mentioned possible valve body but never confirmed.. The only thign is i used to be able to do burnouts from Drive. No longer can i can do them in reverse. All things work properly in reverse and great speed to. ( maybe i should drive in revers everywhere)

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: predator5100 ]</p>

Comment

Im sorry predator but i have some bad news for you, i would be willing to bet it was p-1870 first thing you do is check your tranny fluid make sure its not low, ok well after that its up 2 you, here is what i did
                first went to one shop and they wanted to drill valve body mind you they go by hand eye because there isnt a jig that they use so if they go 2 far or not enough tnhey could ruin your valve body, the transmission guy that did mine replaced a spring with one from a 700 pump or something like that, well the code was still there and i later found out the culprit was a bad torque converter, so i figured might as well get a high stall since im there [img]smile.gif[/img] good luck

Comment

i had p-1870 in my car, i just put a TransGo SK4L60 shift kit in, which replaceses the puls valve that causes 90% of the p-1870 codes on a 4L60 Transmission. I put it in myself and it never had the code again, and the tranny started shifting correctly too. My tranny shop wanted 25 to bore the valve body, and 25 more for the valve and some labor. I bought the shift kit for 50, and did the install myself. depending on how long you've been getting the code, they valve body may not need to be bored. Mine was fine, the valve was bad. Hope this helps.
                  Justin96Bird / Justin98TransAm<p>1998 Navy Blue TransAm<p>Whisper Lid<br />free ram air<br />K&N Filter<br /><a href=\"http://www.hhbc.com/justin96bird/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">DynoMouth Exhaust</a><p><a href=\"http://www.hhbc.com/justin96bird/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.hhbc.com/justin96bird/index.htm</a>

Comment

yeah my car kept kicking 1870 and the dealership replaced the valve body, it works fine for the moment but who knows...
                    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/fantomfreke\" target=\"_blank\">http://cardomain.com/id/fantomfreke</a> <br />** Bad American **<br /><br />*2000 F150 4x4 off road*<br /><a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/fantomfrekesford\" target=\"_blank\">http://cardomain.com/id/fantomfrekesford</a>

Comment

see this is what i was thinking,, the code came back as Transmission Comp slippage. I asked about the valve body they never checked. This all started when i Changed the fluid. But the thing is i knew i shouldn;t of done this but needed to. I'm also thinking clutch packs inside the trannsmision. For there was a little carbon but the tranny fluid was never burnt and still not burnt. Lately it's been acting weird i will hit the gas and it will rev to around 3500 and i'll start to slowly move,, then the rpm wil drop while keeping the same level of gas pushed down. And continue to move,, after 40 i have the power though.

Comment

So it started right after the fluid change? Did you change the filter and if so did you use the correct model and install it correctly? There was a change in filters a while back and new models installed differently. Make sure to follow the instructions with them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X