Quieting Down the Pro 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quieting Down the Pro 5.0

I installed the Pro 5.0 using a gasket between the base of the shifter and the car as suggested by the install on projecttransam.com. I also just put in the rob mod.

It's still loud!!

Does it quiet down with time? (Maybe the parts have to settle together)

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've heard of using two boots or putting dynamat on the stick. I believe that the dynamat would its way down the stick that way.
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

I dunno, mine is noisy too, but as long as the sound doesent get worse, i guess its ok. I didnt use the gasket or anything, just some rtv. i think that there just is no noise dampening in the middle of the shifter so thats why its much louder. I dotn know how else to fix it except by making some kind of gasket around the actual stick which would take away from the shifter.

Cp

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
      New Owner!
      by LETZRIDE
      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
      2 days ago
    • ssms5411
      Little work today
      by ssms5411
      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
      2 weeks ago
    • LETZRIDE
      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X