When doing a gear swap what do i need. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When doing a gear swap what do i need.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When doing a gear swap what do i need.

I have 3.42's right now and they are great i pull some great times with them but i think it is time for some 3.73's I know i will get the HPP3 but what else do i need other than the ring and pinion. I have 3.42's in a LSD right now so tell me what i need for the change.
    <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

phew...a lot.

do a search, but off hand i can tell you a couple things...

install kit (buy the complete kit and change your pinion bearings while you are doing the gear swap, it will save you from having problems/noises in the long run). that should get you everything you need. if you want a more in-depth of what all you should get, search on it.
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

blah... you dont need much

install kit from www.gearsareus.com for 30 bucks gear lube ring and pinion $150 and a call to mike johnson at courtsey chevy

Comment

Gear install kits are not needed at all. The shop installing them will get what it needs and charge you for it. Gear install kits are a complete ripoff.

Basically what ross said.

Scott

Comment

new gasket... forgot that. cheap dealer part. if we get mike to do it he will provide that

Comment

the place that was going to install mine was going to charge $275 for the "kit" they needed to install it with. so, i dunno if you got the hookup, then i guess there is no reason to buy the kit. as for me, buying the kit saved me almost $200. also, a lot of places don't know what the hell just needs to be replaced. a lot of people will take their car to a shop and then find out that there abs doesn't work or something. don't just assume every shop knows what they are doing, cause half the time, they don't have a clue. they might can set the gears, but they don't always know what the hell to replace. i guess it just depends on where ya go...

[ October 27, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
            2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

a chevy dealership... and not to hate on you evan or anything but kris car is a 2000 so prolly not much has been messed up. i understand where an older car might want to get all new stuff but with a newer car should be alright

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X