Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Points

hey,
    what can i use to change my shift points? i sae the JET SCU 2000, but i was only for '96 and up. i really need to change em, my third gear is crap. if not i'll prolly go w/a b&m shift kit and a 75 shot (wet). who knows...

thx guys

--pete
    <b>RIP:</b> 1995 green firebird <br /><br />\'00 bird soon to come...

a guy at work said put it in 1rst, then shift to 2nd, and 3rd, finally drive. i was like...i think that will mess up my tranny. he was like, na. i'm not gonna do it. i read it will hurt the tranny, is that true?

thx

--pete

Comment

Its not good for the tranny, but if you do it all the time it would kill the motor.

thing is you start lsoing power after 4700, so shifting past 5200 is probable some of the farthest you shoudl shift. So I would lwave it alone.

Comment

yea,
        i wasn't about to shift like that anyway. i think i'm gonna get that b&m shift kit and find something later on to change shift points. o well, i'll settle for now.

thx

--pete

Comment

Did you ever hear of spell check? My 10 year old brother can spell better than you.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by creepin97jmw:
            Did you ever hear of spell check? My 10 year old brother can spell better than you.<hr></blockquote>

It's time to remove this troll, please refer to http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=6&t=006156
            someone contact DEE.
            -Steve

Comment

Hey creepin97...

Remember me? You were talking to me with this following statement.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
              I laugh at your petty name calling it shows a total lack of intelligence on your part, I feel sorry for you and your slow trans am 12.9 in a v8 thats just plain pathetic, guess in your case you and your car have something in common.
              <hr></blockquote>

Maybe I should have corrected it, it's a 12.8 @ 108.55. Wanna know something real pathetic? I spent the same amount you did on your V6, and haven't even touched the motor. Headers, slicks, gears, intake, exhaust, and I'm running 12s. That's less than $2000 in parts. Also pulled a 1.78 60' on the stock heads, cam, and converter. How can you call that pathetic? Or slow for that matter?! With what I've noticed from your posts, you'll never be anywhere near that fast. Until you have a valid point to share with everyone, I'd suggest you spare yourself looking like a dumbass and keep your mouth shut.

And how does my screen-name show a lack of intelligence? As smart as I am about these cars, I fail to understand the lack of intelligence behind my screen-name. Please share with me your reasoning, and your superior intelligence. :rolleyes:

[ October 24, 2002: Message edited by: RamAir95TA ]</p>
              Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

Sorry I don't know what you can use to reprogram your shift points, but I have 2 cents to throw in:

Where did you read it would hurt the tranny to shift 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 with the selector?

I have read from some folks on this board that the 4L60e may not perform as well when controlled by the selector, but I can't see it hurting the tranny. I have been drag racing automatic transmissions for almost 20 years, and I have yet to break one (700R4's and turbo 350's). I have ALWAYS used the selector to make the shifts, I never let the tranny decide for me.
                (If I had an A4 in my 4th gen, I would have to try racing it at the dragstrip both ways to see which performed better.)

According to my transmission rebuild manuals, what kills transmissions is heat and dirt. I suppose if you did enough neutral slams or going to reverse at 50 MPH you would break something, but that is not what you are talking about.

In addition, I would expect the owners manual would warn you about using the selector the way you mentioned if it were really harmful to the tranny. It might be a good idea to check it if you have one. Please let me know if it does warn against this type of shifting.

I would also like to know how it would kill the motor?
                1995 Camaro M5 3.4 Quasar Blue Metallic with T-tops.<br />K&N, Jet Stage II chip, Z28 exhaust, 1LE aluminum ds. Need more power!<br />Next: Auburn posi<br />1976 Pontiac Trans Am. Street driven. Has low compression 350 Chevy runs 12.81 @ 104, 1.73 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X