Talked to andre at edge converters man he knows his stuff - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talked to andre at edge converters man he knows his stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talked to andre at edge converters man he knows his stuff

I was going to get a precision industries but i seen that the edge racing tc is like 300.00 cheaper. I was very skeptical until i talked to andre, man he offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. He told me his converter is tighter than the rest and will definately give better results than any other converter so im gonna go with his tc. I cant wait to try it out [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

So the stall rating is?
    Torque multiplication is?
    Effeciency is?
    Get it and proove us wrong :D
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

3600 n/a 2.65 str is what andre recommended 97% efficiency. prove you wrong about what??
      Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SLOWBRAEATER:
        3600 n/a 2.65 str is what andre recommended 97% efficiency. prove you wrong about what?? <hr></blockquote>
        Not me specifically but many members don't have much confidence in a $300 converter.
        What I meant was proove all the poeple wrong who think a $300 converter is no good

Comment

i have the same converter in my tranny right now. no problems whatsoever. it's a $400 converter too, damn accurate, stalls at 3600, maybe a little higher for me. damn efficient too, i seemed to gain a little top end when racing a friend of mine with the same mods only stock converter.

andre is the man, he does know his stuff. slowbraeater, i'll tell them like i told you, if you talk to the man, you'll be 100% confident that his converters are high quality. and when you get it in and have had it in for over a month without problems and still getting 20 mpq in the city and flooring it everywhere, you are absolutely sure that his converters are worth the money and probably more.

good call dude, i'm glad you listened to me and gave andre a call. i knew you would be satisfied, as anyone else will be if they decide to go with edge as well :D

[ October 23, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
          2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 12secondv6:

Not me specifically but many members don't have much confidence in a $300 converter.
            What I meant was proove all the poeple wrong who think a $300 converter is no good
            <hr></blockquote>

uhh slacker69 did, 14.5 NA with a 1.8 60' isnt too bad

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hawgs:

uhh slacker69 did, 14.5 NA with a 1.8 60' isnt too bad
              <hr></blockquote>

It does take more than one person to prove a point.

Comment

Yeah he does i was his first v6 f-body that he made a converter for and results are great 1.8 60 foot is my best NA and no Nitrous 60's yet but soon to come
                <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 12secondv6:

It does take more than one person to prove a point.
                  <hr></blockquote>

james, give me one more week :D i'm going to the track on wednesday of next week with my 3600 stall converter, my drags, and my lca's; hoping for mid 14s, will be satisfied with high 14s. if i get 15s i'm going to kill my car lol.

Comment

I saw this topic and knew Evan would be happy! hahaha
                    Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

I apolagize to slacker and only4u man after i talked to andre i knew i was going with his converter, he said if im not 100% satisfied he will give me my money back, yank and pi couldnt touch that customer service,yank and pi are only worried about getting your money after they get it good luck getting ahold of them and they are just to overpriced, usually i agree, you get what you pay for but not in this case, anyone who talks to andre will understand yank and pi converters are not any better and so many think so just because they pay 700.00+ i think its gonna be funny that a few of us pay 300.00 less than the guys who got overcharged by yank and pi and we will get as good and probably better resultsfrom edge racing converters over the other guys. Andres converters are tighter and his math just far surpasses the competition. and i payed 425.00 because i got the carbon fiber upgrades, andre knows his sh** he was telling me all about the math and how tight his tc are. He assures i will get better results in the 1/4 et with his converter than the competition, I ran a 14.4 with a yank 2800 before heads/cam i cant wait to see what i run with the 3600 and the powerpack with custom pcm programming [img]smile.gif[/img] again i hope slacker and only4u will forgive me for being a jacka** i was just listening to way to many guys here who said oh you get what you pay for blah blah blah. I should know better than to listen to someone who doesnt even have the part they are trashtalking, man andre at edge converters is the man , he made sure i called him and he asked me so many questions about my setup and said with the things i have and this 3600 stall my car will run better than it would with the same stall from those other companies, im almost positive i will run 13s n/a [img]smile.gif[/img] cant wait, and i told andre i sent the money order two day air and he said he will be sending the converter out this friday when he receives the money order, man i cant say enough good things about him.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SLOWBRAEATER:
                        ...again i hope slacker and only4u will forgive me for being a jacka** i was just listening to way to many guys here who said oh you get what you pay for blah blah blah. I should know better than to listen to someone who doesnt even have the part they are trashtalking....<hr></blockquote>

You do realize that you still fall into this category, right? Whether you are stating how crappy they are, or how great they are. It seems that 12sec and others just want to see more of them installed and tested. Just because someone talks a good game over the phone doesn't mean they make a great product. I know there are a few guys who have seen good results, and that is great for all of us. Everyone would love to see a great converter at a low price. People just want more examples to base their opinions on. What we really need are more stories from people who have run a number of converters, because even if you install the Edge converter and are very pleased with it, it doesn't mean its better than the others. How could you compare the two if you haven't run them both?

Comment

To me for 300-400 for a converter is really good specially if your really happy with it and customer service kicks *** like that.

Then your going to think its an awesome verter and that is what counts.
                          If its good enough for you and its everything you want and/or need then w00t!

Imma give these guys a call around tax return and get me one.

You guys like your 3600 stall? Is that stall ideal for el nitrous? hehe
                          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1998firebird\" target=\"_blank\">Red 1998 Firebird</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 98Bird:
                            To me for 300-400 for a converter is really good specially if your really happy with it and customer service kicks *** like that.

Then your going to think its an awesome verter and that is what counts.
                            If its good enough for you and its everything you want and/or need then w00t!

Imma give these guys a call around tax return and get me one.

You guys like your 3600 stall? Is that stall ideal for el nitrous? hehe
                            <hr></blockquote>

it's funny, i am the first person on this board that i know of to go with a 3600 stall. there a couple that went with a 3500, which is hardly different. but now that one person goes with a higher stall, everyone wants to go with it too. heh, just strikes me as strange that one person has to start the "norm."

anyway, andre recommends 3400-3800 for our cars. when he said 3600, he said i'm getting the best of both worlds--competitive and very streetable. i personally think 3800 is a little too high on stock internals due to our low torque curves.

regardles, i will be at the track in a week to prove what my 3600 stall does. i'll have the suspension to make the runs worth while as well. so we'll see how the converter reacts. it feels strong, i can't say i've ridden in a car with a PI or yank before, so i don't know if it is better or if it worse, but i like it and it seems to be very accurate and tough.

slowbraeater--it's no problem, you didn't really dis us. in any given situation, there always must be an initiator or two (me and slacker) to start things off so that others can learn of our problems/gains with the product, and then let people follow us if they wish. so that's sums up that :D

Comment

As Evan, SLOBRAEATER and I have discussed, I am always open minded. Just biased because I have a PI and received excellent treatment from Jack. I don't have a clue where he said that you can't get ahold of Jack, he ALWAYS picks up the phone, but I guess that is along the same lines as my differences with Yank (whom told me the LS1 ST3500 would fit my 6). As long as we are all getting faster then that's what counts.

Scott

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X