Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reluctor Ring for ABS

Hi everyone

I need to have a reluctor ring installed on my Camaro since I just had a carrier & gear swap to 3.73 ratio gears w/series 3 carrier. How easy is it to install this reluctor ring? Where does it go? Does it require pulling the whole rear-end apart again? This is for a 1999 Camaro.

Thanks!

The reluctor ring goes around the outside of the ring gear and yes you have to pull the lsd out to do it.
    Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

I don't have LSD on my car. I have POSI though but yea I get the idea - it's such a pain in the *** taking the rear end off just for this stupid ring. Sucks that winter is coming and anti lock brakes might end up being useful. I should move to Arizona or something.

Comment

its easy to install... why didnt you install it when you did your gear swap? you have to pull apart the diffy again and put it in. it goes around the LSD (or posi whatever you want to call it).

Comment

lsd is just another name for posi, either way both rear wheels spin for better traction.
          Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Why didn't I do it right away? Cuz I'm a retard and didn't even know what a reluctor ring was until after.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SLOWBRAEATER:
            The reluctor ring goes around the outside of the ring gear and yes you have to pull the lsd out to do it.<hr></blockquote>

Comment

Is the reluctor ring needed when installing a LSD only? Or only when you're changing gears?

Comment

From what I'm told it's needed when changing carriers. I originally had 3.08 gears so I had a series 2 carrier and when I put in the series 3 carrier - thats where I need this reluctor ring.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dewey:
                Is the reluctor ring needed when installing a LSD only? Or only when you're changing gears?<hr></blockquote>

Comment

i ran into that problem myself. the stock one is about 1/4 inch thinner than the series 3 one- ie the sensor never hits the teeth, so ABS is hyperactive...pull the fuse till you can get a stock z28 reluctor ring....luckily they guy that was doing the install had an extra one in his garage and gave it to me and instaleld it after he had the whole car put together.
                  98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited<br /><br /><br />MODS:<br />180* t-stat, K&N FIPK, mopar ECU,<br />mike leach long tube headers+3\" y-pipe, 3\" all the way out flowmaster 50 series, mopar magnum 2bbl m1 intake manifold, APS 52mm throttle body, powerslots, 2 JL 10w3\'s

Comment

I have a new reluctor ring I got off SLP for 20 bucks. I just hope it doesn't take too long to install it. I wish I had a lift and some equipment I'd do it myself it's stupid paying 65 bucks an hour for a mechanic to do this.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tri-Flo 99:
                    i ran into that problem myself. the stock one is about 1/4 inch thinner than the series 3 one- ie the sensor never hits the teeth, so ABS is hyperactive...pull the fuse till you can get a stock z28 reluctor ring....luckily they guy that was doing the install had an extra one in his garage and gave it to me and instaleld it after he had the whole car put together.<hr></blockquote>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X