LS1 Rear VS. LT1 Rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 Rear VS. LT1 Rear

I am picking up a rear end this weekend off of a '99 t/a but it is missing all the brake parts including the backing plates. Could I put LT1 backing plates on the '99 rear and then use LT1 brake parts (calipers, lines, rotors, etc.) or will only the LS1 backing plates fit on the '99 axle?

thanks
    Jimmy
    2000 Z28 M-6<br />Loudmouth, TSP Lid, MAF Ends<br />330 rwhp

I did a little research a little while ago, and it seemed like the rear housings were the same, so the LT1 backing plates should work for you. Just make sure you have the proper ABS components to mate up with your current system. If it doesn't have backing plates, does it include the actual axles or not?

Comment

I'm not sure about the rear end. But (off topic) I know the heads off a LS1 won't work...they can get a little too big after awhile ;) .
      1998 3.8 Camaro A4, <br />B&B Triflow CatBack,Whisper Lid, <br />1987 s10 Blazer 350 V8 shift kit,

Comment

well from what I have heard...the lt1 backing plates require the lt1 axles which I don't feel like swapping...so it looks like I will just have lt1 brakes up front and ls1 brakes in the back...atleast this way I can upgrade to a nice baer system!

Comment

I was actually in the same dilemma.

I had the LS1 rearend with no brakes so I had to get the whole LS1 rear brake setup. LT1 brakes will not work with the LS1 rearend from what i was told.
          E-mail: ibjanky@yahoo.com<br />AOL IM: IBJanky

Comment

hey IBJANKY
            where did you get your brake parts at? did you have to get the backing plates too? how much were the parts. I am going to probably go with gm backing plates, plain old calipers and then baers. have you finished your upgrade yet?

Comment

i got the entire rear brake LS1 setup from www.speedautomotive.com

$150 plus shipping. That includes, the backing plates, rotors, calipers, ebrake cable, etc. ENTIRE brake system for the LS1 basically.

And no, im not done with the upgrade yet. My rearend is waiting at the shop and im still waiting for the brake parts to come in. They barely shipped today so hopefully I'll get em by friday so i can do the install on saturday.

I'll let you know how it goes. Contact me by email if you want ibjanky@yahoo.com or through AIM, my screen name is IBJanky

[ October 21, 2002: Message edited by: IBJanky ]</p>
              E-mail: ibjanky@yahoo.com<br />AOL IM: IBJanky

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X