Stupid LSD!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid LSD!!!!

I took my car to the dealership today to have them install my limited slip into my car. They said I need bigger "racers" or "shims" in there to get the right spacing for the differential. the one's I have in there are too small and the ones I need have to be 5.99 mm. thick. the left side racer is fine, it's the right side that need to be thicker. has anyone else had to deal w/ this? do any of u know where i can get one of these 5.99 mm. shims overnighted?
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

um....no. the only way you can buy a shim is a kit or MAYBE you can find one in a performance shop around town. dunno. good luck.
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

hmm...they should have shims around there if they are gonna do them kind of installs...i know they can order you some but you can probably get a shim kit cheaper somewhere else...if you dont find anywhere call my dad at Abbott Racing Heads, the number is in my sig., he can prob find you some for a decent price...his name is Kenneth
      <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

A dealership said this? They dont make the actual shims in a particular size, just the kits like only4u said. I had to go to a rear end shop to find an actual sized shim when i broke mine, but they searched the bins they had for like 20 mins, and that was just because i needed that particular size and didnt want to shim it out. The dealership should know this, and know how to do it, anyways, they should be able to use the stock shims, unless they broke one like I did.

Cp

Comment

they tried to use the stock shims supposedly, but one of them was too narrow and allowed too much movement/slop in the rear end.they have shims at the dealer, but none of the ones they have are big enough.

Comment

That doesent sound right, they are the dealership, if they dont have the parts, then who possibly could? You need to talk to whoevers in charge and get em to take their thumbs out their asses, or you put your boot in it for em.

Cp

Comment

I've been talkin to the head guy. He's the one actually doin it, since he's the only 1 w/ enough experience to do it. he bought a whole new shims kit for 10 bucks and will have it in tomorrow morning. Hopefully my firebird will be done by tomorrow afternoon, and we'll see how it's workin. I had him put in new bearings in for the one's that r worn a lot, possibly replacing all of them. I told him I wanted it to be reliable and I didn't wanna hear weird sounds coming from it and told him to take care of it, and he said it's cool and he'll handle it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X