A4 and 3.73's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4 and 3.73's

I hear everyone saying that in an A4 youll lose too much high end for it to be useful. Assuming I had a jet stage II chip, 3600 stall converter, LSD and the HPP3 to reprogram everything would I still be having this problem? What could I expect for a top speed with the 3.73's as opposed to the 3.42's .
    1998 Firebird 3.8, A4<br />Mods: Alum Ds, Yank TC 2800 stall, Rksport lid, FTRA, SLP air temp sensor, K&N, Flowmaster catback 2.5\" w/cutout, 3:42 gears w/LSD<br />Best E/T: 15.6 @ 86 mph (w/o gears / lsd or verter)<br />Best 60: 2.234<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com</a> -- club site<p>To come?: l67 piston package hardened, turbo? spray? low 12\'s? well see

I have 3.73's in my a4 and they are awsome to tell you the truth i think they pull harder than the 3.08's on top end cuase my v6 just didnt have enough power to push them up there like it can the 3.73's I LOVE THEM get them you will not be dissapointed

Comment

schweet thx bro, ill order em with my next pay check hehe.
      1998 Firebird 3.8, A4<br />Mods: Alum Ds, Yank TC 2800 stall, Rksport lid, FTRA, SLP air temp sensor, K&N, Flowmaster catback 2.5\" w/cutout, 3:42 gears w/LSD<br />Best E/T: 15.6 @ 86 mph (w/o gears / lsd or verter)<br />Best 60: 2.234<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com</a> -- club site<p>To come?: l67 piston package hardened, turbo? spray? low 12\'s? well see

Comment

not really a good idea. you shift points will be off and your transmission will eventually suffer. i had 3.42s programmed at 3.08s and when i got my pcm programmed, i shifted later and actually pulled 2 cars on my friend's firebird when he used to pull 1 and a half on me--3 and a half cars is a huge difference when you are talking about early shifts. with 3.73s, your shifts will be even sooner--and NO you cannot always tell, so i don't want to see people with 3.73s saying that their car shifts fine cause simple logic tells you shifts are off. also, hpp3 won't work for you, but if it did, that would be great. unless you can make the shifts good, don't do that mod--you'll be happy for a while until you realize how much power you are losing because of crappy programming. take my word for this.

[ October 11, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
        2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

i love my 373's [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
          94 3.4L A4 white t-tops<br />moroso cai<br />3\"hi-flow pacestter exhaust<br />b&m shift kit<br />catco cat<br />01 T/A rear w/ 3.73\'s and posi<br />1 pc aluminum ds<br />blacked out signals

Comment

Here we go again :rolleyes:

I love my 3.73s. I've had no problems with them. My tranny still shifts at ~5800-5900 at WOT and they even put me just about even with my friends slightly modded (FIPK, hi-flow cats, flowmaster and hypertech) 00 GT stang whereas before with my 3.08s, he would have 2 car lengths on me with no problem.

Bottom line, I love em. I recommend them.

Comment

Yes please if you do order the 3.73's you will have shifting trouble and please program your computer to spec cuase i have just ran my car at track without custom programming and i only dropped a tenth or two of my best times so please do it right

Comment

So if i change my stock gears (99 v6 firebird) to 3.73 gears, ill pretty muchb need a stage 2 chip to make them effective? I dont kno much about gears guys...can anyone help me? thanks
                KeN

Comment

no, stage 2 thingy has nothing to do with gears. the problem is that our computers suck on our cars. whereas, they are programmed to shift as certain points that are comprable to the rear end, yet if you change the rear end (meaning gears), shifts will be off. do a search, been discussed to death.
                  2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

What about the jet transmission speed control unit. It says it can fix speedo readings, top speed limiter, and gear changes in 4l60E trannys from 94-00.
                    1994 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L A4 (160hp 200tq)<br />2006 Nissan 350Z 3.5L M6 (300hp 260tq)

Comment

I love my 3.08's [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

Well, not really.

Its not everyday you hear someone say that.
                      1998 3.8 Camaro A4, <br />B&B Triflow CatBack,Whisper Lid, <br />1987 s10 Blazer 350 V8 shift kit,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X