Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I NEED HELP HARDCORE!!

Hey everyone

Alright if anyone can give me any help on this that would amazing.

I just got my car back..I got a series 3 carrier installed, 3.73 gears, shift kit all installed. The car is unbelievable it blew my mind away as to how fast it accelerates.

Here's the problem: The ABS INOP light is constantly on and when I hit the brakes they knock very loudly. The car doesn't slow down as well as it should and then at a certain point the brake petal kind of drops on its own and the tires lock up. This is mad weird!! Any ideas what it could be?? This dude I took it to who's supposedly friends with my dad overcharged me for the installation of the whole thing by A LOT and I'm totally pissed off at that and on top of that the brakes are messed up.

If you have any ideas, please let me know!

Thanks

Did you put in the reluctor ring you were supposed to order to keep your ABS?

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...RTNUMBER=26029

if not..yeah- you could have a problem on your hands.
    AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

LOL, I had the same problem. I had a dealer do the install but he advised me before he completed the install that the ABS INOP light would be on. For some reason they couldn't get the Zexel diffy that I provided to fit on there right, so they had to use some generic LSD from a local shop and that prevented the ABS sensor to hook up to the diffy right. He told me about so weird way of rigging the sensor to the reluctor ring that we could do later on...It was just really complicated since the differential wasn't designed the same way as the zexel is so a normal reluctor ring wouldn't work...but I got used to the knocking on the brakes and drove it like that for probably 15k miles. In fact I sold the car to carmax with the brakes that way, lol. Trust me, I normally would have left the car in the shop in order the get the problem fixed but I was off at college and that was out of the question, lol.

Good luck man, its definitely the reluctor ring. Just hope you don't pay an arm and a leg for additional labor costs.

I think at 10 or 15mph is when the ABS stops trying to kick in and the pedal "drops" as you say.

Comment

yeah that happened to me. you need to get a reluctor ring from a v8 car, its about 2 times as thick. the guy that installed mine already had everything in, and i drove it and then found out, and he pulled EVERYTHING out and had an extra one in his garage. i got my moneys worht fro 125 bucks....
        98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited<br /><br /><br />MODS:<br />180* t-stat, K&N FIPK, mopar ECU,<br />mike leach long tube headers+3\" y-pipe, 3\" all the way out flowmaster 50 series, mopar magnum 2bbl m1 intake manifold, APS 52mm throttle body, powerslots, 2 JL 10w3\'s

Comment

also, there is an abs component that sits atop the differential housing. check and make sure it, along with two plugs into the backside of the drum brakes, are plugged in.
          2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

How hard is it to install the relucter ring? Does it require pulling the rear end apart again or is it something fairly simple to do once the car is on a lift?

Also, is there anything wrong with leaving it the way it is? I don't really care if ABS works or not (I learned to drive on cars without ABS and ABS is a woman thing anyway as far as I'm concerned).

One last question - going from 3.08 gears to 3.73 what's the speedo change? I think it's more than 15% because the speedo read something like 85-90mph and there is no way in hell I was even remotely going that fast.

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

it's roughly 15%.

ya, you have to take the housing apart to get to the reluctor ring, or where the reluctor ring "should" be.

nope, no disadvantages to not having it hooked up back there if you don't mind the inconvinience of not having rear ABS...
              2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X