Grinding??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinding??

Hey guys, I have a problem with grinding my gears when I put the car in reverse. I was wondering what could cause this? If I put it through 3rd or 4th gear first it doesn't grind. I have asked a couple people and none of them had a solution. I would really appreciate some suggestions. Thanks
    96\' Camaro RS<br />Stock

sorry, wasn't paying attention to the fact he had a t5

[ October 10, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

the T-5 doesnt have any synchros in reverse, all t-5's will do this if you dont put it in 3rd or 4th before you put it in reverse...
      <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Only4U:
        well if they are grinding in reverse and they don't stop immediately, obviously the backlash is set wrong or the gears have someone gotten worn down. it will only get worse if that is the case and all of the forward gears will start doing the same after some time and your gears will die (couldn't think of a better word).<hr></blockquote>

Dont pay attention to this, WickedSix is right, this has been talked about before, alot.

Cp

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X