This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B & M

Im looking into puttin one of those B & M automatic trasmition shifter do any one know if they make one for the 3.8 and do you anyone has used or is using one now, how good is it?

I hope you aren't talking about the electronic shift improver. If you are thats a good way to screw your tranny up real bad real quick.

Comment

i think it is the B&M shift kit that you plug into the connection on the dash. It's a shift kit where you can select differnt options depending on how you want the car to drive/shift.

pretty much I think it just makes shifts firmer and whatnot. I was thinking of buying this myself, but I think it would just be easier to spend the money on other actual performance mods.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nova:
        I hope you aren't talking about the electronic shift improver. If you are thats a good way to screw your tranny up real bad real quick.<hr></blockquote>

i have heard the same thing about the shift improver. i have heard nothing but bad things about it. i think if you gonna do anything with improving your shifts, i would say go for the trans-go shift kit. i love mine. a shift kit is one of the best mods for an a4.
        <b>2000 Firebird </b><br /><i>old setup </i>- Automatic Whisper lid, Borla catback, shift kit w/ V8 servo, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, PI 3000 converter, <br /><br /><i>14.703@90.92, 2.01 60\' </i>(intake and exhaust)<br /><br /><i> new setup </i> swapped over to LS1 413.9rwhp/398.7rwtq<br /><a href=\"http://www.thunderracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.thunderracing.com</a>

Comment

guys...B&M also makes the kit that goes in your pan like the transgo. it comes with a gasket, springs and other stuff, dont remember but i have 1 and it works really well. i dont know anything about the electronic 1 but if kwicfire is talking bout the 1 i got then it is [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] in my opinion. quicker shifts and a lot firmer...
          94 3.4L A4 white t-tops<br />moroso cai<br />3\"hi-flow pacestter exhaust<br />b&m shift kit<br />catco cat<br />01 T/A rear w/ 3.73\'s and posi<br />1 pc aluminum ds<br />blacked out signals

Comment

Well, if you are talking about a shifter for your auto car, which I think you might be....B&M makes a bunch of nice ones, make sure to get one with reverse lock-out feature so when you race you don't accidently throw it in reverse...The ratchet or pro-ratchet or whatever they call it is good...Go to their website and check it out, or go to a parts store and stroll thru their catlog. Ask to look at the Hurst catalog too!
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

My automatic transmission equipped 1995 Camaro just turned over 100,000 miles. I installed a B&M shift "improver" when the car had about 30,000 miles on it ...........no problems so far. However, it does stay in the off position most of the time.
              Anyway, if this electronic B&M shift kit causes problems, wouldn't a performance chip also cause problems since one of its functions is to electronically change shift points and shift firmness?
              Dr Todd

Comment

If I remember right the electronic shift improver's increase line pressure which makes it shift harder right?

Comment

This probably belongs in drivetrain.

*experimental*
                  2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kwicfirebrd:
                    Im looking into puttin one of those B & M automatic trasmition shifter do any one know if they make one for the 3.8 and do you anyone has used or is using one now, how good is it?<hr></blockquote>

Well, all the haters will tell you it's going to destroy your tranny, but I've never witnessed this... My brother has had one in his '94 pickup with over 140,000 miles the 4l60e for over 2 years with no trouble, and I had one in the 93 Z with no problems... I do use a Transgo in my 99 camaro, but the electronic shift kit is a great way to firm up those shifts if you only want them firm on occasion, or if you dont want to modify your tranny. I'm sure everyone is going to flame away and contradict me, because it seems that's all anyone does on this board, except the old school guys...

Incidentally, if you want to do this mod, I can tell you how to do it with a few parts from radio shack... only cost you a couple of $....
                    99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Comment

yes, this belongs in drivetrain, moving there now.
                      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X