Takeoff gears and LSD Breakin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takeoff gears and LSD Breakin??

I'm getting my gears and LSD installed next friday and i was thinking... i know people say there is a 250-500 mile breakin period for new gears. My gears and lds however are off the same transam that had 2000 miles on it when they were removed. I have no idea how this breakin would work or help and i was curious if the break in would have been covered by the original driver. do they need to be re-broken in? or can i romp on it as soon as i get 'em in?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

uhhh, well since they are used, i dont think that they require the same amount of break in time... but since they are going to be re-installed, you should take it easy at first maybe 100 miles or so just so they settle in and then it should be good... anyone else have a few words???

merlin
    2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

You can never go easy on gears for too long [img]smile.gif[/img] But just in case you get the urge to burn em instead, it probably won't hurt anything.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

maybe ill give em 100 miles.... or maybe 5.... :D

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

no, they don't need to be re-broken-in. the reason they need to be orginally broken-in is because they have not yet gotten use to any sort of wear at all, and therefore when they get hot, they will wear quicker--which is why you are supposed to go easy on new gears for a while. after they've gone through this time period where they are getting used to the heat and the metal is making itself accustomed to the grindings going on, it won't ever happen again unless the gears get really worn by being set wrong.
          2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X