HELP PLZ! Will this rearend work on my car? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP PLZ! Will this rearend work on my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLZ! Will this rearend work on my car?

Rearend from a 1999 Z28.

It has 3.42's, LSD, ABS, disc brakes, and no TCS.

I have a 1995 3.4L Camaro, with drum brakes in the back. Will it work? How about the brakes and ABS? Will there be any problems?

Also, is $300 a good deal for it?

Thanks guys...

-Michael
    E-mail: ibjanky@yahoo.com<br />AOL IM: IBJanky

you'll need to get an adjustable proportioning valve since you're going from drum to disc in the back. might also want to think about slapping in a posi unit while it's out.

As far as abs goes, I would take a look at other cars w/the rear disc & study the setup. look for things that may be way different from what you have. Maybe even consult a dealership service center about this. they have the service manuals on what each system requires.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

The key is to make sure it is from a non-TCS car. That will give you a three channel brake line setup and a single ABS sensor on the carrier/ring gear. I know that many people have done the conversion without changing the proportioning valve, so that isn't necessarily required. I am not sure how different the distribution is between a disk/drum and disk/disk valve. The rear will arleady have a LSD if its from a V8 car, so no worries about that. You will also need new Emergency brake cables if you want it to remain funcional. I think $300 is about average for a complete rear.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Backfire:
        The key is to make sure it is from a non-TCS car. That will give you a three channel brake line setup and a single ABS sensor on the carrier/ring gear. I know that many people have done the conversion without changing the proportioning valve, so that isn't necessarily required. I am not sure how different the distribution is between a disk/drum and disk/disk valve. The rear will arleady have a LSD if its from a V8 car, so no worries about that. You will also need new Emergency brake cables if you want it to remain funcional. I think $300 is about average for a complete rear.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, its a non-TCS car. Am I good to go?

Comment

Also u need new e-brake cables. You need to get e-brake cables for the year that the rear end is. Cuz the e-brake cables for a drum rear are different than e-brake cables for a disc rear.
          Max Shapiro<br />97 Camaro RS<br />-Bright Green Metallic<br />-Tan Leather, T-Tops<br />-3.08\'s, open diff., Automatic 4<br />-Home-Made Cold Air Assembly, Tanza filter<br />-DynoMax Super Turbo Rear Section (2.5\'\')<br />-Hooker (21433) 2.5\'\'in/Dual 3\'\'out Chrome Slash Cut Tips<br />-PolyUrethane Bushings & Endlinks for Front+Rear Sway Bars<br />-Mobil-1 Synthetic 10W-30, 5W-30<br />-Premium Sound System(6 spkrs)<br />-Monsoon 500w CD Head Unit<br />-Firehawks SS20 235.55.R16<p>Awaiting in my garage:<br />3.73s,Zexel Torsen take-off LSD,LS1 Rear Brakes,SLP CAI,3\'\' exhaust piping and 14 SECOND TIME SLIPS!!!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MaxBrightGreen97RS:
            Also u need new e-brake cables. You need to get e-brake cables for the year that the rear end is. Cuz the e-brake cables for a drum rear are different than e-brake cables for a disc rear.<hr></blockquote>

Yep...

But other than that, will the 99' rearend work with my 95' camaro?

[ October 08, 2002: Message edited by: IBJanky ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X