Arrite...WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrite...WTF?

OK, I just got a Z rear end for my car, its not electronically compatable with my car. Now i am looking for gears. People are telling me to stay away from used gears...to not buy new gears because its a waist of money and its ONLY A V6..and that if I buy gears the cost mega$$ to get installed and i have to do a ton of reprogramming! Like buying one of those hypertech reprogrammers for like 300 bucks! I see everybody here on the message board swapping out the gears...and i try...and all i am gettin is one prob after another! Maybe i am going about this all wrong...but how did you guys do the swap?????
    My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

Could you please try to keep your posts in one thread. I have been trying to help you, but you currently have....what, 4 ongoing posts about the same thing. If all the info was in the same thread it would be much easier to look back at the info. As it is, people won't have any idea what is going on until you repost it.
    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr> its not electronically compatable with my car <hr></blockquote>It's also not mechanically compatable either since it has the two brake lines without the T fitting.

I haven't looked at a TCS rear like you have, but is there a place where you could install your old ABS sensor? Could you swap parts between the two? Paying for new gears and a quality install is probably going to cost as much as a new rear does, and you would still have drum brakes and an open diff afterwards. Have you spoken with who ever you bought the rear from? In the original post, you said he claimed it to be a non-TCS car. Well, it obviously is, so he didn't sell you what he said it was. Talk to him about it and see what he will do.

Comment

Allright, thanks. Sorry I keep posting threads, but it juss really ticks me off that I blew 600 bucks on something, and the guy lied about it..and it doesn't even work with my car.

[ October 06, 2002: Message edited by: MingisDew31186 ]</p>
      My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MingisDew31186:
        Allright, thanks. Sorry I keep posting threads, but it juss really ticks me off that I blew 600 bucks on something, and I lied to about it..and it doesn't even work with my car.<hr></blockquote>

You blew 600 bucks on a new rear??!?! :eek:

I got mine for 300 installed :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X