gears are done and i may have a problem - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gears are done and i may have a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gears are done and i may have a problem

Well i finished my gear install yesterday and put some 40w just for now and they whined right off the bat so they continued to whine and i took the differental cover off and metal was stacked on the magnet pretty good and i see that the gears already you can see i little bit of scratches of the ring so what shoulod i do???

well 40w is WAY too thin!! regular gear oil is 80w!!!!! you better change that first! if the patterns and backlash came out all right then that may be the problem!
    <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

I agree 40w is way too thin.

Did you set the pinion depth and the backlash?

[ October 09, 2002: Message edited by: LTNone ]</p>
      1995 Camaro M5 3.4 Quasar Blue Metallic with T-tops.<br />K&N, Jet Stage II chip, Z28 exhaust, 1LE aluminum ds. Need more power!<br />Next: Auburn posi<br />1976 Pontiac Trans Am. Street driven. Has low compression 350 Chevy runs 12.81 @ 104, 1.73 60\'

Comment

well not exactly which is probably the problem i have

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X