TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS!!!

hey fellas my transmission is acting really stupid. the ses light came on and said that the shift lever selinoid is bad so i yook it off but the car still wont start in first and i have to shift the lever into second for it to go there? any ideas as to what i need to do? thanks alot, LiquiD_CooL.
    1997 3.8 Red Firebird<br />RKSport 2\" racing springs,TA Rims,<br />Dual Out Magna Flow Exaust/2.5\" Exauhst cut-out (loud),<br />2-10\" JL W-3\'s, 300/2 JL AMP<br />1 Farad Rockford Fosgate Capasitor,<br />B&M Shift Improvment Mod,<br />SLP Cold Air Intake, MSD 8.5mm Wires, Bosh Plats, 160 deg thermo<br /> in the mail:<br />Zexel Torsen Posi Unit, 3.23 (for now)& new transmission.

ok heres an update the first gear is going in and out it works fine if it engages but it only enguges every now and then but second third and fourth are fine... please help!
    1997 3.8 Red Firebird<br />RKSport 2\" racing springs,TA Rims,<br />Dual Out Magna Flow Exaust/2.5\" Exauhst cut-out (loud),<br />2-10\" JL W-3\'s, 300/2 JL AMP<br />1 Farad Rockford Fosgate Capasitor,<br />B&M Shift Improvment Mod,<br />SLP Cold Air Intake, MSD 8.5mm Wires, Bosh Plats, 160 deg thermo<br /> in the mail:<br />Zexel Torsen Posi Unit, 3.23 (for now)& new transmission.

Comment

sounds like the fluid isn't building up enough pressure to shift and is instead slipping. should probably take it to a trusted mechanic to get them to look at it.
      2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

damn thats what i didnt want to hear....
        but thanks.

Comment

so how did everything turn out?
          2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

it doesnt slip when i leave it in drive and it doesnt shift the gears but when i start manualy shifting the gears it starts skipping first and i have to actually shift to get the car to go into second... any ideas?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X