Shift point change??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift point change??

Im changing my rearend form 3.08 to 3.42 gears. I'll be getting the SLP recalabrator for the speedo but what do i need to do to fix the shifting points?

you should shift in the same places as before, if not, then get the HPP3 and screw the slp recalibrator since the HPP3 has it built in already as well as being able to get rid of the speed governor.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

I didn't think the HPP3 worked on a 97. Will the SCU2000 work? If is there a web site?

Comment

Neither SCU nor SLP fix shift points. Either get a use PCM with 3.42s or wait for programming to be available.

Comment

If i get a used PCM do they have to be year specific, or just as long as it came from a car with Y87?

Thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X