what would it cost to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would it cost to...

drop in a manual transmission. i'm gettin about tired of my auto, it shifts slow and i now an m5 would change that. also it would help gas mileage and they are just so fun to drive. so you guys tell me what all i need and how much it'll cost, thanks.
    2000 Honda Civic<br />2.25\" magnaflow exhaust<br />AEM CAI<br />DC Sports Header<p>Alpine/Kicker/JL Audio sound system <p>it\'s not rice when i can beat your ***.

i am guessing, but i would think about 2 grand.
    6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

tranny between 1200 and 1500, plus install...maybe trade in on same year, w/manual?
      2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Why not just get a nice firm shift kit and a high stall converter? That should then shift firm and fast. But If you really want a manual you should just trade in your ride on a manual. Maybee trade in and get a 3.8 manual for that little extra power. That wouldnt be a bad idea?

Comment

You're better off to trade it in.
          2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

It would cost roughly $1900 for parts... I also looked into this option. I needed the transmission and all its counterparts (clutch pedal etc) plus the shift console from a slavaged fbody. If you have some time on your hands then go for it.
            <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

thanks guys, guess i'll just stick with the auto or trade it in in about a year.
              2000 Honda Civic<br />2.25\" magnaflow exhaust<br />AEM CAI<br />DC Sports Header<p>Alpine/Kicker/JL Audio sound system <p>it\'s not rice when i can beat your ***.

Comment

Hey Dirtybird, get a transgo kit and a vette servo. I know, I love the play you get with a stick shift, but if you're looking to accelerate better and shift firmer, then go with them (and I am sure you have heard what I just said to you before so it's nothing new)

Your car shifts slow? Maybe it's time for new tranny fluid and a new filter? Just a suggestion. Good luck with however you solve this.
                <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

I went and talk to a dealer about this and they sad I would have to get a new tranny, computer, DS, center cup holder thingy, clutch, new peddels, cables for the new peddel, and a bunch of little stuff to put it all together. The total was WAY more then just trading. It looks like you made up your mind to stay with an auto but I hope my post helps you not look back.
                  White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

use parts from a junk yard, I can~t see it being more then 700 bucks, from a dealer hell yea its a rape!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X